News Samsung's 57-inch Odyssey Neo G9 Dual UHD Gaming Monitor Lands August 23

Geef

Distinguished
With a monitor that large I would be afraid of the upper middle pixels slowly getting pulled apart over time from weight of sides. <--- Not sure if this really happens, but that is how it feels when looking at it.

Pete Mitchell

Commendable
Dec 19, 2021
Don't buy this until there are plenty of reviews available from reputable sources. Samsung's last two G9 monitors (G9, G9 Neo) were littered with problems. Some were eventually fixed with firmware updates, but there are still quite a few that never were and never will be fixed. For monitors that cost $1500 - $2500, that's inexcusable.

Reactions: freedizzle

Pete Mitchell

Commendable
Dec 19, 2021
With a monitor that large I would be afraid of the upper middle pixels slowly getting pulled apart over time from weight of sides. <--- Not sure if this really happens, but that is how it feels when looking at it.
The panels aren't going to rip apart, but it's entirely possible for some drooping to occur towards the outer edges, if the physical structure of the monitor isn't strong enough to support the weight that far from the stand.

halfcharlie

Prominent
Dec 21, 2022
Exactly the monitor I want, and would be like my old 7680x1440 triple monitor setup I had before my current 49" CRG9. But the price is admittedly far too high for me to afford no matter how much I would like to...

Friesiansam

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2015
According to Samsung, the 57-inch Odyssey Neo G9 uses a Mini-LED panel (with a native contrast of 1,000,000:1)
No, the Samsung website states: "The OLED screen illuminates each pixel separately and does not rely on a backlight, allowing a 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio while delivering true RGB and true black without color filters." Dynamic contrast ratio is not the same as native contrast ratio and is usually much higher than the true native figure. You must know this...

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
No, the Samsung website states: "The OLED screen illuminates each pixel separately and does not rely on a backlight, allowing a 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio while delivering true RGB and true black without color filters." Dynamic contrast ratio is not the same as native contrast ratio and is usually much higher than the true native figure. You must know this...
Yeah, the contrast ratio listed in this article is for the wrong monitor, the 49" Odyssey OLED G9 rather than the 57" Odyssey Neo G9 being discussed. I can't find a contrast ratio listed for the 57" Neo G9 anywhere.