My computer specs are
Motherboard- Sabertooth 990fx asus
Cpu- AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-core processor
8gbs ram
Cpu is cooled with a H70 Corsair hydro cpu cooler
power supply is a xfx pro 850w
also a ssd 60gb and a hdd 400gb
and of course the Sapphire-Radeon HD6870 graphics card

This is my first time building a computer, and I just don't know a lot about what your GPU temp should be. For example when i'm playing the witcher, My GPU jumps from a stable 40c-65c. Iv read about you shouldn't worry about it till it hits about 90c, but I didn't really think the witcher would be a problem. Hopefully nothing is wrong with the GPU's fan cus that would be a buzz kill...
Also I was planning to play games like Skyrim, kingdom of amalur reckoning, Bf3. Games like that. So this is my question, What do I need to do to fix this problem? If there is any. also what should I expect my gpu temp should be when playing games like skyrim? Also when I do play the witch sometimes it just cuts out... I'm assuming that's because of the temp. I'm a noob when it comes to this for now i'm just learning, so tips and advice would be appreciated =]

Solution
There's no problem here. 65 is fairly low. Many mainsteam cards run in the mid-to-higs 70s. You shouldn't be CPU-bottlenecked in any of those games, so the graphics card will run all-out and your temps should be around the same.

Please provide more info on how it "just cuts out." Your GPU temperature is not the issue. How are your CPU temps? On a related note, if this is a gaming build, who the heck conned you into getting an 8120?
There's no problem here. 65 is fairly low. Many mainsteam cards run in the mid-to-higs 70s. You shouldn't be CPU-bottlenecked in any of those games, so the graphics card will run all-out and your temps should be around the same.

Please provide more info on how it "just cuts out." Your GPU temperature is not the issue. How are your CPU temps? On a related note, if this is a gaming build, who the heck conned you into getting an 8120?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.