drjim

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2008
Well guys. In my PC i play WoW most of the time... my pc is
4600 amd x64
2GB ram 677Mhz
8800GTS 512 albatron.
(750 power suply) is it enough?
anywayz when i play wow my FPS when i look to like 10-15 ppl goes to 25-40-and after a sec 70-droping down to 30
Every sec it changes from 25-90... resolution i use its 1650x1050 widescreen. everything else is in low. nothing that can mess my FPS but my fps are unstable big time... i got crashes in graphics as well ( rest of PC worked but i couldnt tab in windows so force restart) GPU temp was max 63... omg... and i have front fan back fan and side fan as well...
in Crysis everything seem normal when i play it.... and crysis is like 138497832 times more demanding...

Any ideas?
I would apriciate the Mo_Ost if u can asnwer all that :)

Are those load or idle temps for your GTS?
If they are load everything is fine.
It is a bit hot for idle though.

A 750W PSU is more than enough for that setup so you can all but rule that out.

My best guess would be that you may have not properly uninstalled previous drivers before upgrading to your GTS??

Since Crysis works, we can rule out hardware issues IMO.

Download Driver Cleaner, run it.
Install the latest WHQL-certified drivers from nVidia's site.
Install the latest patches for WoW from Blizzard's site.
If that still doesn't solve it uninstall WoW and reinstall it.

drjim

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2008
72cel temperature while i play wow. with everything in the LOWEST POSSIBLE 800x600 and all in LOW when i look to lot of ppl ingame i take ~20ms and then goes up to 40.. my old 7900GTX when i had everything disabled had 110FPS all time or like 80+ in most populater areas. i dont understand that ****. i ve uninstal reinstall drivers same thing again.
WTF should i do. reinstaling wow i dont think it will help... i mean why it should help.. its just a game.

boonality

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2008
You seem a bit edgy... Lets start with the basics, when did it happen and what were you doing when it happened? Was there a recent wow patch that you just downloaded right before it broke?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I don't mean to sound like I am generalizing here, but I kind of am...most WOW players I have run across are like this. Their game is their world, and when they have problems, well, you get the point. My brother used to make fun of WOW people, then he started playing. He now finds all kinds of excuses to 'not do' things because he has 'WOW things' to do. He had a PSU die and he called me 3 times a day wanting to know where along the shipping route it was at that time. I'm not sure, but they must put something in that code that gets people to go nuts.

Seriously, it's a game.

If you are that bent out of shape, format, reinstall OS, reinstall games. Its an online RPG...all your stats and things should be saved, correct? A couple hours of your time should be well worth the gameplay you are getting upset over...

lcaley

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007

I'm a little confused. Are these numbers frame rates or your latency? If its your latency, that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with your hardware, unless you've recently switched NICs or changed to a wireless connection. And even then, that shouldn't change the latency much at all. Check to make sure your router is letting the WOW ports through, and make sure your firewall is configured to let WOW through. And that's all you can do for a latency issue. The rest of it is up to the WOW servers, your ISP and slightly based upon the other people's connection who are around you.

I'll second what rubix and boonality said, you kinda need to chill a bit. Keep in mind its a game, and that you think more clearly when you aren't freaking out.

Hope this helps.

chris312

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2007
Why do you have all the settings on low? Your GTS should be able to destroy that game. My dad's 7600 GT runs great on high settings, lol.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Yea, I agree, most of my 'strange' problems in WoW are solved by reinstalling. As a first resort, you might try deleting your Interface and WTF folders, that will reset everything to defaults, see how it runs then. If Crysis works, then its a problem with WoW, not your setup. When you upgraded your vid card, something may have gotten corrupted. They just dropped the 2.4 patch and Ive noticed that it adds lots of UI eye candy.

Heh, Ive only recently climbed out of the WoW hole. Was spending 20-30 hours a week playing, I didnt have time to do anything else, lol. Got my self down to 6-10 hours a week on the high end, thnx god for new games, lol.

drjim

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2008
=====================================================
I will say it 1 more time. For the ppl that dont know if PC means "u cant eat it" dont reply.
1. My F P S (frames per second) are **** while in game. with the most low POSSIBLE graphics 800x600 and everything disabled and low i have 30 FPS in game. I HAD a 7900GTX and i replaced it with a 8800GTS 512.
With 7900GTX and lowest graphics i had from 80-150FPS with the new i have 20-55.
I unistall the old drivers. Install new ones (dl of the OFFICIAL NVIDIA WEBSITE) and today when i open my PC they were uninstall on their own.
A friend of mine with a 256 card no name with my settings has + ~20FPS than me at the same place in game as me.
-Btw someone tell me a program to see my GPU Mhz and Memory Mhz. I think they gave me a wrong card or something (they didnt even gave me the box of the card).

leo2kp

Distinguished
You might be limited by Active Sync or some other video setting. Having over 100fps on your LCD most likely means you had Active Sync off, or it was on with Tripple Buffering enabled (I think that's the setting). If you're locked at 30fps max, then something might be capping your frames. Either disable Active Sync or turn on Tripple Buffering and see what happens. Also you might want to check WoW settings to see if there is anything in there that will cap your frames. Some games let you manually cap frame rates to keep it at refresh rates to minimize page tearing, without activating Active Sync.

(btw i have the same FPS with 1650x1050 as 800x600...i mean omg. =====================================================
I will say it 1 more time. For the ppl that dont know if PC means "u cant eat it" dont reply.
1. My F P S (frames per second) are **** while in game. with the most low POSSIBLE graphics 800x600 and everything disabled and low i have 30 FPS in game. I HAD a 7900GTX and i replaced it with a 8800GTS 512.
With 7900GTX and lowest graphics i had from 80-150FPS with the new i have 20-55.
I unistall the old drivers. Install new ones (dl of the OFFICIAL NVIDIA WEBSITE) and today when i open my PC they were uninstall on their own.
A friend of mine with a 256 card no name with my settings has + ~20FPS than me at the same place in game as me.
-Btw someone tell me a program to see my GPU Mhz and Memory Mhz. I think they gave me a wrong card or something (they didnt even gave me the box of the card). Wholly cow!!! I mean zzzzoorrbbs arrgggzzzz even. OK, did you download GPUZ? And CPUZ? And did you use driver cleaner when you got rid of your old drivers? Did you download any updates to your WOW game? Have you updated anything else besides your gpu? Answer these questions first, most have already been asked, we need to elimanate certain things to find the right thing or things that may pose a problem....so?

Crysis runs fine, so it is not likely to be hardware. Short term fix:
1. Uninstall WoW.
2. Delete its directories, and remove any reference to it from your Registry.
3. Reboot.
4. Re-install WoW and test.

Long term fix:
Follow steps 1-3 from above. Replace step 4 with:
4a. Upgrade to Guild Wars. Put the money you save in monthly subscription fees toward your next rig, or some other worthwhile purpose.

LukeBird

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
Drjim, if you want help, read what people are saying instead of chucking your toys out of the pram, because their first suggestion hasn't solved your problem.
Oh and don't fill your posts with '...omg' at the end of everything, my brain switches off when I read posts like that, my brain switches off and I go to a place that looks this -
unicorn31.gif

chris312

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2007

I am mystified by this. :heink: Doesn't PC stand for Personal Cheeseburger?

You get the same FPS at 16x10 as at 8x6...do you get the same FPS at low vs high settings? And have you tried deleting your WTF folder or reinstalling?

What brand is your power supply?