Save Tom's, Stop SOPA

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nosky

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Finally after years of reading Toms I signed up. This will affect everyone, everywhere not just the US. I don't see why international companies and individuals can't have their say, as the US is the home of the internet it'll all go down hill. I pirate, and I don't feel bad about it. If I think the software/music/movie is worth it I'll surely go to the shops and pay for it and if it isn't it goes into the recycle bin. Look at Godaddy and its reversal on the SOPA ordeal. Obviously every single person has the ability to help, I moved three of my domains from Godaddy and although its nothing to them me and a lot of other people think the same way. It hurts their bottom line and that's the only thing motivating the people who govern you. I've linked this article to every forum i'm on and i'd donate anything to the cause of keeping my internet uncensored.

G

My issue
is with my own review site
Is it considered intellectual property
when you do a review and say a product is bad?
I am sure that it won't be at first. but wait for a few laws tweaked and complaining about why it's broke so they make it more enforced
and then one day you get sued for saying that "Ashley Push-Up Triangle" is a bad idea.

G

If Obama does not veto this shit I'm registering Republican to vote for Ron Paul.

Friis

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
move your server and domain out of the US. wouldn't that just solve the problem?
run away from that justice system while you still can

emperorxyz

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
I think if I did live in the US, this probably would be the first time I'd write to politicians. Unfortunately, I'm in Canada and this SOPA thing will affect us just as much. Without the huge US market, many English sites like Tom's will either be completely inoperable or have a drastic increase in cost of operation, leaving less resources for content creation and innovation. In the long run, many will wither and die.

G

Again, USA?
It's really funny how the US government always criticises countries like Iran or China for being evil when they have so much in common.
I mean they have weapons of mass destruction, they don't give a fuck about human rights, they abduct people out of foreign countries and lock them away without trial, the political scene is hugely influenced by religious nuts etc.
Come on, really, where's the difference to Iran?
And now they want to censor the internet and allow the president to lock up US citizens forever without trial.
What's wrong with the USA today? We used to look up to you guys. Where's the outcry? Why aren't you all out on the streets protesting?
This is exactly the kind of shit that led straight to the Third Reich in germany.

[citation][nom]elbert[/nom]SOPA will both impact freedom of speech and freedom of press. Who must I vote against for wasting tax payers money on this worthless ideal?[/citation]
Couldn't agree more!

G

We slam china for having their firewall but now they're laughing at us because they live in "The land of the freerer."

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]asd643677[/nom]We slam china for having their firewall but now they're laughing at us because they live in "The land of the freerer."[/citation]
your words are so very true....it's sad that I wasted over 11 months of my life in Kuwait and Iraq fighting for this thing we call FREEDOM

Wow, this is extremely unusual, to see a political article on Tom's. But it's a good thing Tom's is spreading the message out about the true nature of SOPA. It's just that bad.

Stop the American government from doing this crazy thing.

iLLz

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003
I agree whole heartedly with everyone above. I hate to see the internet as we all know it, to be destroyed by the Governments need to put their hands all over everything and Corporate greed. Thank you Tom's for being who you are not being afraid to show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.