SB Live

I have just been given a sound card SB Live
Model Number CT4760

I have no software for this at all and having been on the creative site I
cannot find, and don't know, what to look for. I need everything basically
as its come with nothing.

Is it possible for anyone to point me in the right direction?

Much appreciated
Thanks Mary

Phisherman

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 01:27:15 +0100, "Mark Lee"
<intelligenceunit@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have just been given a sound card SB Live
>Model Number CT4760
>
>I have no software for this at all and having been on the creative site I
>cannot find, and don't know, what to look for. I need everything basically
>as its come with nothing.
>
>Is it possible for anyone to point me in the right direction?
>
>Much appreciated
>Thanks Mary

Sorry I don't have an answer for you. I downloaded at least a dozen
versions before I got one that finally worked. It was an usually
frustrating experience. Shame on Creative Labs.
:-(

Try this site as they have a number of drivers for the 4760 and one should
do the job:

http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/54/54565.htm

Regards,
John O.

"Mark Lee" <intelligenceunit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have just been given a sound card SB Live
> Model Number CT4760
>
> I have no software for this at all and having been on the creative site I
> cannot find, and don't know, what to look for. I need everything basically
> as its come with nothing.
>
> Is it possible for anyone to point me in the right direction?
>
> Much appreciated
> Thanks Mary

mark

Isn't this one of the most popular soundcards of all time? Seems like it
is/was. I'm shocked there aren't easily available drivers out there for it.

--
mark
___________________

"Mark Lee" <intelligenceunit@hotmail.com> said:

> I have no software for this at all and having been on the creative
> site I cannot find, and don't know, what to look for. I need
> everything basically as its come with nothing.

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

Windows will load the driver. You may not be able to download all the
software.

Beware, the Live! had severe issues with some of the older VIA socketA
motherboards.
--
Mac Cool

Tonka

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003

"Mac Cool" <Mac@2cool.com> wrote in message
> "Mark Lee" <intelligenceunit@hotmail.com> said:
>
> > I have no software for this at all and having been on the creative
> > site I cannot find, and don't know, what to look for. I need
> > everything basically as its come with nothing.
>
> http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/
>
> Windows will load the driver. You may not be able to download all the
> software.
>
> Beware, the Live! had severe issues with some of the older VIA socketA
> motherboards.
> --
> Mac Cool

very true, you might need the PCI Latency patch

from George Breeze

http://www.georgebreese.com/net/software/

tonka

The problem is that the SB Live came in many versions and a lot of them were
OEM which CL does not support. Drivers for the CL made cards will not
necessarily work for OEM cards and usually do not. It can be a bit of a test
finding drivers.

Regards,
John O.

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 06:35:48 -0400, "JJO" <jjo@nospam.ca> wrote:

>The problem is that the SB Live came in many versions and a lot of them were
>OEM which CL does not support. Drivers for the CL made cards will not
>necessarily work for OEM cards and usually do not. It can be a bit of a test
>finding drivers.
>
>Regards,
>John O.

Yes they do work, providing you have the driver for card of same
chipset.

Mary,
Don't know if this will help but the Installation CD for the CT4760
is:
CLI Part No: 2201US0003036
and the Application CD is:
CLI Part No:2201US0003037

I have both CDs.
Dale

> Mark Leewrote:
I have just been given a sound card SB Live
> Model Number CT4760
>
> I have no software for this at all and having been on the creative
site I
> cannot find, and don't know, what to look for. I need everything
basically
> as its come with nothing.
>
> Is it possible for anyone to point me in the right direction?
>
> Much appreciated
> Thanks Mary

audigy and audigy 2 are probably the best cards out on the market.
heard good thing about Nvidia boards with onboard sound. I've heard
rumors there going to make a stand alone card. It about time
someone gave them some competion. Sound blaster ran most of the
competion out of business or have bought them out. I know alot of
people still like turtle beach cards.