News Scalpers Strike Again, Ryzen 5000 Processors Impossible to Find In stock

askyron

Reputable
May 2, 2020
Why didn't AMD require retailers with brick and mortar to do in person purchases for the first 2 weeks?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I understand the relevance of this story. But why provide links and break down scalper pricing as if this is some routine manner? Why use this platform to send folks their way?
Exactly, There is no reason any tech site should post links to scalped products. This is a sleazy practice.
You guys posting scalper links but couldn't post retail links!!! Disappointing fellas

What links? There are no links to scalped products here.

ashburner

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I got a pre-order through for a 5950x at 12:18 am Eastern this morning at B&H. It went through fine but no communication since. Now the order just shows up as "Backordered" Of course no ETA and no idea where I am in the queue. This is ridiculous. I have $3700 worth of parts just sitting here, included a 3080.

caseym54

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Newegg should only sell parts like these to customers established for some time, logged into their account and one apiece per week. As it was the ONLY people who could get into their no-warning sale (6AM Pacific) were people with a bot farm pounding on the door all night.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I don't see how everything is scalpers.

Where are the numbers of what was ordered and the % of the orders that were filled?

Sure when they have nothing even close to the demand some people will take advantage of that.

Look at the RTX 3XXX cards the only retailer that listed their numbers was at like7% of what they ordered was received.

Nov 2, 2020
I was fortunate enough to get a 5600x for £135 ten days ago, due to a being missold a dodgy PSU and offered it as a replacement.
The retailer asked for it back yesterday. I said no, but felt a bit guilty afterwards as I've done a lot of business with his company. Now I see he's offering pre-orders for the CPU at £399!?! Sympathy gone.
I'm still lokking to get a new GPU. Ive missed out on the RTX 3080 & RTX 3070 despite being poised to order as soon as they are released thanks to scalpers, bots, and web site crashes. It's almost as if the retailers are happy to have all their allocated stock snapped up in seconds, just so they can increase the price for when they get a large assignment in a few months? :unsure:

Loadedaxe

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2016
As long as snoops keep buying these parts at double the price, this will continue. If people would stop paying hostage prices and let these creeps keep all the goods they spent good money for then lose or break even when they finally have to unload them, they would stop this nonsense.

Reactions: Vic 40

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
Newegg should only sell parts like these to customers established for some time, logged into their account and one apiece per week. As it was the ONLY people who could get into their no-warning sale (6AM Pacific) were people with a bot farm pounding on the door all night.

You kidding me ? traders love to sell , they dont care who is the buyer. no trader in the world would restrict his sales in anyway.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
As long as snoops keep buying these parts at double the price, this will continue. If people would stop paying hostage prices and let these creeps keep all the goods they spent good money for then lose or break even when they finally have to unload them, they would stop this nonsense.

This is life ... has been like that since stone ages. And will continue into the future of privateers in the galaxies .

Nov 2, 2020
Exactly! I couldn't agree more.

Imagine you went to a shop to buy a loaf of bread advertised at £1, and when you got in the queue, you were told to go to the back because some people had "special tickets," and got to skip in front of you. Then when you got to the checkouts, you were told the loaf of bread was now £5 because they were running short of stock and if you're not happy, you have to go and queue again? Plus, every shop has decided to do this, so sod you. Nobody would stand for it!
I've already blacklisted two companies for confirming my order and then asking for more money (I doubt I'd get away with naming them on here), and won't be doing business with them again. Aparently I'm not as important as a BitCoin Miner, whatever the hell that is?!? 😕

Reactions: Kridian

USAFRet

Titan
We should make laws against "Scalping" and maybe bring some mob justice along with pain & violence to scalpers.

They are parasites who serve no purpose in society.
First, in the context of buying a Day 1 device online....define scalper.
Second, enforce that in Hong Kong, Mumbai, Tashkent, Dhaka.....

Sounds good in theory, but the devil is in the details.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
We should make laws against "Scalping" and maybe bring some mob justice along with pain & violence to scalpers.

They are parasites who serve no purpose in society.

They are simply "resellers" you cant make laws against them because you will turn into a communist while doing so ...

This is one of the negatives of Capitalism , where Communism is better . But the Capitalism positives outweighs its negatives compared to Communism.