Question Screen keeps turning black if I run too many programs at once.

Nov 28, 2022
I don't know what else to test. If I try to log into WoW on four clients at once, there's a chance my computer will freeze for two seconds before the screen turns black. All my game clients then move to the center of the screen. My game is also lagging on login, once at the character select screen and another once I enter the game. This feels like it's isolated to wow because nothing else crashes my screen.

I've updated everything I can think of. This is amplified if I stream a video on youtube, either a live stream or a video. What should I do?

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor, 4200 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 4403, 4/27/2022
Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI)
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x32gb
SSD/HDD: SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 Internal Solid State Drive
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1060 6gb
PSU: Enermax Revolution DF 850W - 80 PLUS Gold
Chassis: Lian Li LANCOOL III
Monitor: HP V22v and Acer H236HL

PSU is about to be 2 years old.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Can you please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. Please add the BIOS version for your motherboard as well.

Nov 28, 2022
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Can you please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. Please add the BIOS version for your motherboard as well.

I updated my original post with that info.

Lutfij

Titan
I'd first try and see if your OS is pending any updates. Might be a good idea to see what your current OS version(not edition) is. If you haven't, try and use DDU to rid your platform of all GPU drivers. Reinstall your GPU driver with the latest from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Have you taken a look at this...?

Nov 28, 2022
I'd first try and see if your OS is pending any updates. Might be a good idea to see what your current OS version(not edition) is. If you haven't, try and use DDU to rid your platform of all GPU drivers. Reinstall your GPU driver with the latest from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Have you taken a look at this...?

I've done all this. The problems actually started when I updated my GPU drivers. I did at least 3 clean installs in Safe Mode with DDU and then tried to use an older driver. It helped a little bit but not by much. I even gave Windows 11 a shot, thinking that maybe there was a corrupted Windows file that was causing this but it didn't change anything.
I run all major updates as admin by default, but I can't help think this is somehow a hardware issue.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/58027237

One thing I've noticed running UserBenchmark is that if I press Esc and bring up the menu options, my fps goes from 472 to 22-60 as the Benchmark test is running. Not sure what to make of that or if it's even relevant.

Lutfij

Titan
I'd rather throw Userbenchmark into a volcano, if I had my way with it. Won't talk about that here though.

but I can't help think this is somehow a hardware issue.
You could try and reflash the BIOS, then clear your CMOS and then see if that alleviates the issue. I've been eyeing that PSU since you've mentioned the age of the unit though your GPU doesn't tax the unit as much. Perhaps see if you can source(borrow, not buy) a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a reliably built PSU that has 550W of power at your entire system's disposal.

Have you tried working with another panel outside of the two mentioned above?

TRENDING THREADS