[SOLVED] Screen shuts down during game play while PC is still running ???

Apr 26, 2021
Hi, so my PC issues have been really bad this month and I'm not sure what the root problem is. Every time I open up a game, not even 5 minutes into it, my monitor will go into standby mode saying no signal and I could hear the background noise but it sounds really staticky and weird. I can't do anything to fix it temporarily but hold my power button on the pc to restart it. I tried unplugging the HDMI cord and the monitor as well and waiting but no help. When I plug the HDMI cord into the other graphics card, it's no help, it doesn't detect it with the other graphics card at all. I even started using a brand new HDMI cord AND a new monitor so I know those two aren't the problem because the problem is still going on. This happens for any game I try to play but if I'm just using Chrome or something, it'll never happen. I dusted my PC two weeks ago so I don't know what to do. I don't know much about PCs either so I'll mention my specs below.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

SLI I use TWO graphics cards

Driver version 466.11

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHz

31.94 GB RAM

1920 x 1080, 60Hz

GoofyOne

Commendable
Apr 4, 2021
I had similar issue on my old Dell Inspiron, that had a Ryzen 7 2700x cpu, and a RX 580X graphics card. It was not set up for overclocking or anything. It would run games fine for several minutes then after it heated up a bit the screen would go blank, and the machine would eventually reboot.

It was a power supply problem .. in that the power supply was too small and couldn't cope with the power demand. The computer would run ok if I set it up to run in 'low power' mode .. and set the graphics card up to limit the frame rate to reduce power usage.

So I think you are having a similar issue ... your power supply is probably having a heart attack, so to speak.

{GoofyOne's 2c worth .... which may or may not be actually worth 2c}

TRENDING THREADS