[SOLVED] Second AIO cooler on GPU (NZXT G12 and Corsair H80i)

Aug 30, 2019
Hello everyone! I’m new to this forum!

I am living in a tropical country and was planning to install a second AIO unit to cool my GPU down as I am running at constant 84 Degrees Celsius and I felt it will damage my GPU in a long run.

While doing my research, I have found a simple way to cool the GPU further by installing NZXT G12 with an AIO.

I have then purchased Corsair H80I GT v2 with Push/Pull Radiator because of my limited space inside my case.

After I have installed them, all the system fans works. But my monitor will automatically switched off after showing the AORUS Page.

After failing a few times, I have to remove the AIO set up and switch back to the original twin fan, and it works perfectly fine again.

My question:
  1. Is my PSU power enough?
  2. Which Motherboard Fan header should I use for the second AIO? (Previously I plug into Fan_Pump for AIO and SYS_Fan for NZXT 92mm fan)
  3. Why does my monitor screen does not boot after installation?

My build:
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
ZOTAC GEFORCE 2080 Ti Twin Fan
RYZEN 3700x
Vengence 3000 16 GB x 2
RIPJAW 2133 16 GB x 2
Seasonic 750W Focus Plus Gold
2 TECWARE ARC SPECTRUM RGB exhaust Fan with 2 LED strips
CPU AIO Corsair H100i RGB Pro AIO
GPU AIO Corsair H80i GT v2 with NZXT G12 (taken out)
Case NZXT RAZER S340

Thanks in advance!!

Solution
Your PSU is more than adequate.

I suspect the issue is the incompatibility between the G12 and the H80i V2

35-181-102-V01.jpg

While an Asetek unit, it's using a different (newer?) CPU block design.... While you might be able to get it to 'fit', it may be providing poor contact, or potentially too much mounting pressure, bending the PCB.

The compatible AIO's use this type of block:
CW-9060013-WW-H90_hero_fan.png

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Your PSU is more than adequate.

I suspect the issue is the incompatibility between the G12 and the H80i V2

35-181-102-V01.jpg

While an Asetek unit, it's using a different (newer?) CPU block design.... While you might be able to get it to 'fit', it may be providing poor contact, or potentially too much mounting pressure, bending the PCB.

The compatible AIO's use this type of block:
CW-9060013-WW-H90_hero_fan.png

Solution

Latest posts