[SOLVED] Second router suddenly has no internet

Hypnotic47

Honorable
Jul 6, 2017
So yesterday I bought the Gigabit TP-LINK Archer AX1500 AX10 router and I connected it LAN to LAN to the first router.It worked fine.

Today it dosen't work in any configuration.I tried plugging the cable in the WAN port and the Internet icon on the router is Orange instead of green.

View: https://imgur.com/a/5T1FTjL
- here is the connection situation.

The first router works fine.Also I am using a laptop and a phone to test the connection.I can't test it with a cable connection.

Hypnotic47

Honorable
Jul 6, 2017
What else did you do besides connect it lan to lan. Why did you hook it up this way.

The wan port should always be orange when you do not use the wan port. If you do use the wan port then you likely have a IP conflict.

That's just how I tought it should be. Yesterday it was lan to lan now it's lan to wan.

If you look at the pictures isn't the wan port blue? Also there is no blue port on the first router. Is that replaced by the optic fiber? idk. I also tried to disable dhcp but still no luck.

Hypnotic47

Honorable
Jul 6, 2017
What is your purpose for using the second router why can't you just 1 router.

How you hook it up depends on what you are trying to accomplish. In either case you must make sure that the IP addresses do not conflict.

I am using this second router because the first one has weak signal and ping spikes.The problem is i can't replace it with this one beacause the black one does not have the ability to connect optic fiber.So i am just trying to extend the signal.

I did change the lan ip of the black one then I couldn't connect at all. Then I went to the rounter and moved the cable from WAN to LAN and it works but I can no longer acces rounter setting with the new static ip.

I did change it to 192.168.1.2 but i typed ipconfig in cmd and i see that the default gateway is 192.168.100.1 . If i type the latter one in the adress bar it goes to the first rounter.