Jul 28, 2021
Disk- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1 TB HDD

I was having some troubles booting up my computer for a few past mornings and thia morning it slowly booted till the desktop but the desktop was unresponsive (i could use mouse and keyboard, but couldn't run anything.
So i thought to try my spare 250 GB HDD which has Windows 10 already installed. I only have one SATA cable so I unplugged 1 TB HDD and plugged the 250 GB and it booted very well.
Now i plugged back my original 1 TB disk and now it makes some clicking noise for about 30 seconds and then the noise stops and a page of American Megatrends appears "Secondary Slave Disk Error"

I did a BIOS settings reset but that was of no use. I think no hardware damage should be there. I went to a computer repair shop last month who changed my motherboard and installed a patched windows 10 forcibly, so can that damage the HDD?

Solution
I have all the important data backed up except some photos. By any chance, can the drive be repaired and up in running condition?

Should i install disk firmware from Seagate? Will that help??

Nothing you can do at home will help if it's got to the continuous clicking stage. If you're desperate to rescue some images from it you can take/send it to a Data Recovery Service as already suggested but be warned it's not cheap 'cos they mainly cater for big businesses with deep pockets.

SoumithCS

Reputable
Oct 6, 2020
"Clicking Noise" the drive head is not in correct place and it is damaging your drive. It might had got stuck during a sudden power outage. You need to rescue the any important data on drive by giving it to a reputable Drive Recovery Agency or you could contact Seagate themselves

Reactions: Zaricon
Jul 28, 2021
"Clicking Noise" the drive head is not in correct place and it is damaging your drive. It might had got stuck during a sudden power outage. You need to rescue the any important data on drive by giving it to a reputable Drive Recovery Agency or you could contact Seagate themselves
I have all the important data backed up except some photos. By any chance, can the drive be repaired and up in running condition?

Nothing you can do at home will help if it's got to the continuous clicking stage. If you're desperate to rescue some images from it you can take/send it to a Data Recovery Service as already suggested but be warned it's not cheap 'cos they mainly cater for big businesses with deep pockets.

Solution