[SOLVED] Secure boot problem

adicretzu

Commendable
Apr 8, 2019
Hello. I have a Gygabyte B450m Gaming rev. 1 (motherboard), with a Ryzen 5 3600X. I want to disable Secure boot in BIOS for using some programs that doesn't wok with secure boot active. If i do that my windows is not booting, pc goes again in BIOS and all my HDD units from boot section disappears. How to disable the secure boot and be able to run my windows? This is my BIG question. I am trying for 2 days and cant find anyhthing on google to help me. Sorry for bad english (is not my native language). The wierd thing is that worked 2 or 3 months ago, and now is not working.

adicretzu

Commendable
Apr 8, 2019
Fail version with CSM disabled and secure boot disabled, if i dont disable CSM i can t reach the secure boot option to disable it, because will not apear
OeQxD6x.jpg

H4gDQDd.jpg

Working version with csm support enabled and secure boot disabled.

TUzgCrE.jpg

I think, you're misunderstanding things here.
If your system is installed in legacy mode, then secure boot is not available. Therefore you can't disable it. Secure boot is available in UEFI mode only.

If you're disabling CSM, this means you're turning off legacy boot. Only UEFI mode remains enabled.
Again - if system is installed in legacy mode and you just turned off legacy boot, then you can't boot the system anymore. This should be obvious.

Can you show screenshot from Disk Management? (just to verify your OS is indeed installed in legacy mode)

Apr 11, 2022
If your OS is installed in legacy mode, then secure boot is not applicable.
You can't enable or disable it. It is not available.
Well he was asking if he has to reinstall the OS in UEFI. You keep repeating what CAN'T be done instead of telling him what to actually do to accomplish the desired task. I'm having the same issue but you didn't just simply answer his question. So what's the best way to rectify the problem? I know what I'm going to do but that's because I was planning on upgrading my motherboard and processor anyway.

He didn't show screenshot from Disk Management, so we don't really know, if system is installed in legacy mode or UEFI mode.

Change from legacy to UEFI can be done (in windows 10) with mbr2gpt utility and then changing settings in BIOS.

Change from UEFI to legacy requires clean reinstall or manual conversion of OS drive from GPT to MBR using 3rd party partition management tools,
manual recreation of bootloader and changing settings in BIOS.