Seeking a Monitor

G

I am in the process of researching monitors for home use, mostly for internet browsing and gaming. I'm using a Asus V6800 Gforce 256 DDR card.
The monitors that I have looked into are the following
Sony G400, Nec/Mitsu FP950, MAG 810FD
Any suggestions about these monitors or possibly another brand of equal stats would be helpful.

Thanks in advance :)
Jerzyite

G

Sony G400 sounded good to me before I saw this article today from PCWorld. <A HREF="http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article.asp?aid=32444&pg=2" target="_new">Here is link</A>.
So: Samsung SyncMaster 950p, ViewSonic GS790 or Dell UltraScan P991. But make a good survey on these babies. :cool:

G

OH please! PC WORLD totally warps thier reviews to the items that have a good waranty. This is a moniter we're talking about. You're going to be staring at this thing for how many hours a day? Your number 1 concern should be image quality! The G400 is very nice. So is the NEC FP950. I personally like the G400 a little better, but thats my personal preference.

Have you looked at the ViewSonic PF795? It's a good as the G400 and sometimes you can find a deal on them.

good luck,
sopwath

G

I suggest you to look for Iiyama Vision Master Pro 450 or 451 (new model) It's a 19" CRT with Diamondtron tube from Mitsubishi. And Its price is very low for its quality.

G

I'm looking at one right now and I can tell you it is lovely.
Totally flat screen(much flatter than their 17") and the colours are great.
For the money I don't think anything touches it.

G

Sounds like you are down on Samsung. I'm also looking- saw the Syncmaster 955DF flatscreen for about 300 (after rebate). Is a flatscreen better? I don't really want to go much over 300...

G

Thanks Guys for your input to my question, much appreciated :) I went out to my local vendor's to actually see certain monitors in action, since I like to see what I am actually buying, not just going on what people say. I wound up purchasing a Samsung SyncMaster 955DF, which in my opinion is alot better then my Mag DX700T which is a 17". So far so good I'm running it at 1280 by 1024 at 32 bit true color at 75Hz. I have read numerous post's about this monitor some good and some bad obviously, the only true fact that I have seen is that there is some graininess there on the sides of the screen with this resolution. No biggie to me since my Mag had the tension wires going accross the screen and I lived with that for a number of years :)The geometry of the monitor holds true as well, unlike the Mag,and I do not experience the concave effect of most flat screen CRT's.(I work on a LG 17" flat screen CRT at work that I noticed this right away)
So if I were to recommend this monitor I would say yes, You can get this monitor fairly cheap on the Net for under 400, so I feel it's a good monitor for what you are paying for in a 19" flat panel CRT.

Jerzyite

TRENDING THREADS