Serial device results in bouncing cursor

Willem

Distinguished
May 17, 2004

Although I added the /fastdetect in my boot.ini file I have still a bouncing
cursor after starting my computer when it is connected to my GPS via a RS232
to usb converter.

"Willem" <Willem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Although I added the /fastdetect in my boot.ini file I have still a
> bouncing
> cursor after starting my computer when it is connected to my GPS via a
> RS232
> to usb converter.

You should check with the GPS vendor for an XP-compatible driver. It is
likely being recognized as a mouse, a known problem in XP. If you have
the option to change the COM port, do that, see if it helps. Google:
GPS XP serial mouse for more information.
http://www.thecapn.com/winxpmouse.htm