[SOLVED] Setting AIO Pump Speed / Temp curve.

Jayant Arora

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
So i'm a new AIO user, just got Castle 360EX, i'm bit confused about setting pump speed. I m not able to set a stable pump speed curve for low/idle work loads.
I have 3700x and Gigabyte Aorus Elite x570, I'm using gigabyte SIV software to set fan and pump curve.
With Fans i have no issue.

Thing is when i set a temp/speed curve on pump, pump speed keeps changing every second because ryzen boosts higher / low workloads, i can't get stable pump speed at idle or low workloads, it keeps on going up and down.
while gaming/productivity tasks it settles to a stable pump speed easily, it makes me skeptical at idle and lighter workloads that changing speed so fast might affect pump itself.

I tried to get a stable pump speed curve at idle temps but barely i got in a range of delta of 200-250 rpm
Here's some data for reference:

Idle/Low work loads: 3.6 - 4.4 GHZ 44-60'C 1250 rpm -1550 rpm delta 300 rpm
Gaming /Productivity Loads : 4.0-4.3 GHZ 57-68'C 2000 rpm-2100 rpm

Whenever i reach closer to a stable pump speeds at low workloads curve ryzen starts boosting longer to make setting a failure.

Pump has min 800 rpm[30%] and max 2550 rpm[100%] pump speed,
Please suggest should i set fix pump speed like 50% or 60% or 70% or 100% etc for all time use and never bother changing it again.

Solution
Pumps should run at a constant speed all the time. On my custom loop I have it set to 85% because that is as fast as it will go without being audible. Many AIO's can be run at 100% and still be inaudible.

Your radiator fan speeds should be tied to the fluid temp, or if that is not possible then tied to the processor temp.
Pumps should run at a constant speed all the time. On my custom loop I have it set to 85% because that is as fast as it will go without being audible. Many AIO's can be run at 100% and still be inaudible.

Your radiator fan speeds should be tied to the fluid temp, or if that is not possible then tied to the processor temp.

Solution

Jayant Arora

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014

Thanks man, i will probably set it to 70% ~2050 RPM with fans on a cpu temp curve. I will leave it like that for eternity.

Just you know i was trying really hard this year to build a CLC myself, but you know, the thing that shall not be named got in the way and i didn't get the parts i needed so i have to settle for an AIO.
Not that it works bad or anything, but i feel like being pushed back into the crowd again ever since i dropped the task to build a CLC. :/