[SOLVED] Settings are not visible in BIOS despite using AMIBCP to "Show" them

Jan 1, 2021
I'm working with an old Supermicro X8DTH-iF board and a couple of L5640 CPUs (it's a very budget project). I'm trying to increase the performance of the CPUs through BIOS-level configurations, and I'm also researching BIOS mods to enable me to change the BCLK of the processors. However, before that, I want to try and do as much as I can before getting to the point of modification. That being said, I was looking through the BIOS rom in AMIBCP (3.37) and noticed an option that I hadn't seen in the BIOS before: "Intel XE Mode Configuration". Upon clicking on it, I saw a whole host of new settings to play with, such as "TDP Limit Override" and "Performance/Watt select." The only problem is, after navigating the BIOS for a while, I couldn't find the configuration anywhere. I flashed the Motherboard BIOS with the one that I was looking at in AMIBCP, and even though the option to "Show" the XE mode was marked "Yes," it was still nowhere to be found. I have full-access/supervisor permissions, so that shouldn't be a problem. I couldn't find any documentation to help me with this issue, and I'm a bit out-of-my-element with this stuff, so I'm asking for help. What am I doing wrong here (besides working with old hardware)?

The motherboard manual: https://www.supermicro.com/manuals/motherboard/5500/MNL-1083.pdf
The BIOS I'm working with (under the "Update your BIOS" link): https://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/QPI/5500/X8DTH-iF.cfm

Solution
most of bios settings are hidden from users, they usualy work in auto mode (based on inserted hardware) or completely hidden (can be unfished code so be aware of that )
through amibcp u can make them visible, just change access/use to supervisor instead of default
then flash it
most of bios settings are hidden from users, they usualy work in auto mode (based on inserted hardware) or completely hidden (can be unfished code so be aware of that )
through amibcp u can make them visible, just change access/use to supervisor instead of default
then flash it

Solution

TRENDING THREADS