[SOLVED] Sfc /scannow gets stuck at 6%, but a DISM run says nothing is wrong with any files. Is this concerning?

PCSlayer3001

Commendable
Dec 16, 2019
So basically, after I lost power, my computer was in sleep-mode, and of course, it turned off. I hit the power surge's power switch off, and hit my own PC's power switch off, and waited for electricity to return. Afterwards, I booted up (it looked like it was stuck posting because the monitor couldn't get a screen to come up, but the PC was on (not boot cycling). So I held the power button down, restarted it, and it posted like usual.

Backstory aside, I wanted to run sfc /scannow just in case anything became corrupted, but the percentage stopped at 6%, so I ran a sfc/ revert, and restarted the computer. Afterwards, I ran a DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth, and it said it found nothing. Should I try a RestoreHealth next, or is everything fine?

https://www.windowscentral.com/site...mage-checkhealth-windows-10.jpg?itok=9WNPy_wz

PCSlayer3001

Commendable
Dec 16, 2019
sfc scannow will just search in system libraries and replace any corrupt files from dllcache folder

better run chkdsk /f
and for dism, more advanced scan would be with this command:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

I ran a regular chkdsk, and it said no further action was required, that there was '0KB in bad sectors'. I also ran the ScanHealth variant of DISM, and it also found nothing. Is this fine?

Edit: I didn't use /f or /r, but aren't those used to try and repair something it finds, and the regular chkdsk just reports what it found?

Last edited: