[SOLVED] Should I buy a GT 1030 or Should I wait till I save up some money for a Full PC Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2020
www.behance.net
So, I currently have a 6-7 year old machine with i3 2100 + Gigabyte H61M-DS2 & 6GB Ram, I'm getting sick of the integrated Intel HD 2000 Graphics and am looking forward to a GPU Upgrade, the one in my affordable range and suitable for my PSU was GT 1030 (7K INR = ~100$) and it turned out despite the criticism, the card is quite decent and might run some games I'm looking forward to play
I currently freelance and earn a little sum monthly, so saving up would take some time,
Now my question is, should I upgrade to it temporarily or should I save and fully upgrade my PC which will cost around 40K INR (~550$)

Thanks to everyone who helped me out :)

Last edited:
Solution
You are not upgrading GPU , you DONT HAVE ANY GPU. you are still on 7 years old integrated graphics ?

If you want to enjoy some gaming get the card , saving $100 extra is not a big deal when a new system will cost you $550 ...

also , if you can get GTX 1050 ti then better to do , try to avoid 1030 ... try used market. dont buy new one.
So, I currently have a 6-7 year old machine with i3 2100 + Gigabyte H61M-DS2 & 6GB Ram, I'm getting sick of the integrated Intel HD 2000 Graphics and am looking forward to a GPU Upgrade, the one in my affordable range and suitable for my PSU was GT 1030 (7K INR = ~100$) and it turned out despite the criticism, the card is quite decent and might run some games I'm looking forward to play
I currently freelance and earn a little sum monthly, so saving up would take some time,
Now my question is, should I upgrade to it temporarily or should I save and fully upgrade my PC which will cost around 40K INR (~550$)
Well you could do that but the problem will be u put 7k now on a gt1030 and later on 40k pc build doesn't seems wise

Reactions: AntiSipater

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
You are not upgrading GPU , you DONT HAVE ANY GPU. you are still on 7 years old integrated graphics ?

If you want to enjoy some gaming get the card , saving $100 extra is not a big deal when a new system will cost you $550 ...

also , if you can get GTX 1050 ti then better to do , try to avoid 1030 ... try used market. dont buy new one.

Solution
Sep 21, 2020
www.behance.net

Thanks! You're the man, but it turns out even if I am to buy a low profile 1050 2GB, I'll still need to invest some money in my PSU
But thanks for reaching out! :)

Exactly that is what i meant spending Rs.7k(100$) on a gt 1030 is not worth when you could get a new 1050ti at Rs.10444(+$50)

You are very correct, but I'll be buying it out of desperation because I've lived on Intel's Integrated Graphics for years, hope you understand
Also, Thanks for reaching out! :)
Your welcome my friend being an Indian myself ik how pricey the parts are but ill recommend you to check on website like quickr and olx where i recently saw a zotac gtx 1050ti (used) for Rs 6500

Sure! But if I'm buying a brand new, I'd go for a GT1030 > GT710
Yes you could by all means get the gpu you like i said gt 710 bcz it's still faster than your integrated graphics and cost only 3k and if you get gt1030 about 7k remeber about the used gtx 1050ti about 6500 , if you goto stores you might get new for maybe 8k thats not double the price but the performance will be alot better than that and a single fan gtx 1050ti won't need a pcie cable

Sep 21, 2020
www.behance.net
Yes you could by all means get the gpu you like i said gt 710 bcz it's still faster than your integrated graphics and cost only 3k and if you get gt1030 about 7k remeber about the used gtx 1050ti about 6500 , if you goto stores you might get new for maybe 8k thats not double the price but the performance will be alot better than that and a single fan gtx 1050ti won't need a pcie cable
Ohh, so are you saying that I wouldn't need to upgrade my PSU (Power Supply) If I buy a single fan GTX 1050TI
If not I can definitely buy that card, also do you mind if I start a conversation with you?

Reactions: General Kenobi
Status
Not open for further replies.