[SOLVED] Should i buy an i5 9400F for 185$?

Nov 27, 2020
ive been thinking of upgrading my cpu these days. I found on amazon an i5 9400F for 185 dollars. Reviews are good too. Wondering if there was a better amd equivalent for the same price or another cpu in the 185 - 200 dollar range better than the i5 9400f.

Solution
I’d say prove the 10400 and 11400. Maybe sell your existing components and pick up one of those or a ryzen. The 9400 will be a bit limited because of only 6 cores and no hyper threading. So within a couple of years you’ll probably want to upgrade again.

If you can swing one of the chips that is 6 cores with hyper threading, then your system should last a little longer. Games seem to be wanting more threads. I would imagine that the trend will continue.

Lutfij

Titan
In order for us to state if it's worth while, we'll need to know where you're located since prices can and will vary from region to region. Secondly, we'll also need to know the make and model of your motherboard as well as your current processor so we can understand if you're getting a vertical upgrade or a horizontal upgrade.

Nov 27, 2020
In order for us to state if it's worth while, we'll need to know where you're located since prices can and will vary from region to region. Secondly, we'll also need to know the make and model of your motherboard as well as your current processor so we can understand if you're getting a vertical upgrade or a horizontal upgrade.
Living in india so yeah its about 13000inr for me, motherboard is gigabyte h110m s2 but thinking ill need to buy a new one, current cpu is an i3 6100.

I’d say prove the 10400 and 11400. Maybe sell your existing components and pick up one of those or a ryzen. The 9400 will be a bit limited because of only 6 cores and no hyper threading. So within a couple of years you’ll probably want to upgrade again.

If you can swing one of the chips that is 6 cores with hyper threading, then your system should last a little longer. Games seem to be wanting more threads. I would imagine that the trend will continue.

Solution