[SOLVED] Should I buy an m.2 nvme over sata III ssd for mostly gaming use?

Jun 26, 2020
I recently upgraded my PC to Ryzen 3600 / 3200Mhz / Bazooka Max Wifi and was wondering if I should fill the board's m.2 slot or not.

I mostly play games, and as a researcher/writer I use MS Word a lot and open more than 30 tabs on a browser at a time, and that's it.

I found a Kingston A2000 240GB 54$ and Team Elite GX2 256GB Sata III SSD 38$. They're the only two options I'm looking at right now since choices are very limited for this price point.

What I'm planning to do is just use my 2TB HDD to keep my games' installers, move them to the ssd for installation, finish the game then uninstall, and move on to the next game.
Does that make sense? If so, should I get nvme or ssd?
Any input would be help and very much appreciated.

For gaming the difference in actualy load times in most games will be minimal if any. Some games may see a benefit from the NVME

As USAFRet said the Crucial MX500 is usually one of the better deals in SSDs. You can also fin the Crucial M.2 P1 500GB for roughly the same if you want a NVMe drive.

Jun 26, 2020
For gaming the difference in actualy load times in most games will be minimal if any. Some games may see a benefit from the NVME

As USAFRet said the Crucial MX500 is usually one of the better deals in SSDs. You can also fin the Crucial M.2 P1 500GB for roughly the same if you want a NVMe drive.

I'm buying from the Philippines, just converted PHP to USD 1$ = Php 50

There's Crucial BX500 72$ and Crucial P1 105$.

For reference, 100$ in our currency is a quarter of my salary or my food allowance for a month.