[SOLVED] Should i buy this pc?

Dec 22, 2019
Hello
I am new to pc gaming and need help to decide if I should buy my friend's pc.

Specs
i7-4790K @4.7GHz 16GB RAM EVGA 80+ Gold Fully Modular PSU Gigabyte Gaming Z97 Motherboard R9 280 Windforce 120GB boot SSD 1TB HDD
Overclockable gaming pc

Solution
Hello

Specs
i7-4790K @4.7GHz 16GB RAM EVGA 80+ Gold Fully Modular PSU Gigabyte Gaming Z97 Motherboard R9 280 Windforce 120GB boot SSD 1TB HDD
Overclockable gaming pc

Due to the inconsistency computers routinely demonstrate in functionality, a pre-built PC is the last thing on the planet I'd buy from anybody, especially the internet, 'friend' or not. To be safe, I'd rather advise you have one custom built from the ground up at a store you can get to, that way you know exactly what you are getting, and that every single piece of it is legitimate. You will know for sure that there aren't any viruses, rootkits or back doors in place for someone to screw...

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Hello

Specs
Overclockable gaming pc

Due to the inconsistency computers routinely demonstrate in functionality, a pre-built PC is the last thing on the planet I'd buy from anybody, especially the internet, 'friend' or not. To be safe, I'd rather advise you have one custom built from the ground up at a store you can get to, that way you know exactly what you are getting, and that every single piece of it is legitimate. You will know for sure that there aren't any viruses, rootkits or back doors in place for someone to screw with you later. The only type of pre-built computer I'd ever advise you get is a game console, because again, you know what to expect with it, and that its coming from a reputable company or manufacturer.

Solution
Dec 22, 2019
Due to the inconsistency computers routinely demonstrate in functionality, a pre-built PC is the last thing on the planet I'd buy from anybody, especially the internet, 'friend' or not. To be safe, I'd rather advise you have one custom built from the ground up at a store you can get to, that way you know exactly what you are getting, and that every single piece of it is legitimate. You will know for sure that there aren't any viruses, rootkits or back doors in place for someone to screw with you later. The only type of pre-built computer I'd ever advise you get is a game console, because again, you know what to expect with it, and that its coming from a reputable company or manufacturer.
Thank you so much, I'll have to look at a local shop around me.

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Thank you so much, I'll have to look at a local shop around me.

Is there a Micro Center close to you? I hope so, because they are by far the best damn PC store in existence. They sell great quality products for cheaper than its competition, and they sell have everything you could possibly need for a PC. The only other runner up is maybe Best Buy the way I see it. I'm sure there are others though.

Dec 22, 2019
Is there a Micro Center close to you? I hope so, because they are by far the best damn PC store in existence. They sell great quality products for cheaper than its competition, and they sell have everything you could possibly need for a PC. The only other runner up is maybe Best Buy the way I see it. I'm sure there are others though.
It is an hour away. Not bad. Might go visit it someday this week.

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
It is an hour away. Not bad. Might go visit it someday this week.

Cool, I mean, if you don't want to drive that far and you insist on using the internet for instance, I still recommend you have it custom built. Websites like the one below kind of allows you to do just that, and so does Micro Center in fact except they won't actually ship it to you when ordered. This is the only time I consider buying a PC off the internet to be acceptable.

Link: PC Part Picker