Question Should i undervolt i5-13600kf?

Jun 15, 2023
Hi, i,ve noticed that when running cinnabench multi-core test my cpu is instantly getting to 100 degrees celsius. I've tried undervolting, -0.050 mV it ran at 90 degrees, -0.100 it ran at 60 degrees. Yes, i tried reapplying cooler.
My question is should i care about that my cpu is getting too hot during a stress test? My computer is mostly used for gaming, and in games cpu is at around 60 degrees celsius. Realistically i will never get my cpu run at 100% so should i care about that? Or maybe i should undervolt "just for safety".

Nothing inherently wrong with undervolting as long as you're retaining stability. I always undervolt.

Depending on the test, if AVX is enabled, that's going to make the CPU considerably hotter than "real life".

Are you looking at the CPU temp WHILE IN GAME (via overlay, second monitor, or logging) and it only reaches 60C?

What cooler do you have?

Jun 15, 2023
Nothing inherently wrong with undervolting as long as you're retaining stability. I always undervolt.

Depending on the test, if AVX is enabled, that's going to make the CPU considerably hotter than "real life".

Are you looking at the CPU temp WHILE IN GAME (via overlay, second monitor, or logging) and it only reaches 60C?

What cooler do you have?
yes im looking at my CPU temp on my 2nd monitor while in game.

My cooler is SilentiumPC Fortis 5 Dual Fan