[SOLVED] Should I upgrade? And if so, to what?

Solution
Meh. 3200-3600 is recommended because it's the price/performance sweet spot for new builds. You're usually not saving much/any $$ buying slower than 3200MHz unless you got unlucky with sales.

The story changes when you're upgrading RAM instead of buying new. Unless you have a Ryzen CPU running on DDR4-2400, it's rarely cost-effective to UPGRADE your RAM just for higher speed kit.
Meh. 3200-3600 is recommended because it's the price/performance sweet spot for new builds. You're usually not saving much/any $$ buying slower than 3200MHz unless you got unlucky with sales.

The story changes when you're upgrading RAM instead of buying new. Unless you have a Ryzen CPU running on DDR4-2400, it's rarely cost-effective to UPGRADE your RAM just for higher speed kit.

Solution

msesana

Commendable
Jun 20, 2018
I mean right now I’m building a simple PC for my father, so I figured I could give him my RAM and I could upgrade, so I wouldn’t just be storing it in a closet.

I don’t really remember why I went with 3000 back then, but if upgrading to 3200+ would benefit me and it’s a direct swap, then maybe I should? But I just don’t know to what... I’m not very experienced with the whole Latency, so not sure if 3200 or 3600 or even higher.