[SOLVED] Should I upgrade my 2015 computer?

Mar 2, 2019
Hi! Everyone. I had bought a PC computer in the late 2015. The components are Gigabyte GA-H81-S, Intel Pentium DC G3240 3.1 GHZ, 4 GB DDR3 1600 RAM and 500 GB SATA HDD. Now I plan to upgrade the RAM to 8 GB, add 240 GB m.2 SATA SSD and add a graphics card Nvidia GT 710 for visual improvements. I also intend to convert the computer into a hackintosh. Now it's a 2015 computer, my question is should I upgrade it in general, would it be worth it? Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance for helping me out!

Solution
Hi! Everyone. I had bought a PC computer in the late 2015. The components are Gigabyte GA-H81-S, Intel Pentium DC G3240 3.1 GHZ, 4 GB DDR3 1600 RAM and 500 GB SATA HDD. Now I plan to upgrade the RAM to 8 GB, add 240 GB m.2 SATA SSD and add a graphics card Nvidia GT 710 for visual improvements. I also intend to convert the computer into a hackintosh. Now it's a 2015 computer, my question is should I upgrade it in general, would it be worth it? Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance for helping me out!
Depends on your budget. But I wouldnt. I would build a new one. The performance improvements you will get from the planned upgrades are small.

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019
Depends on your budget. But I wouldnt. I would build a new one. The performance improvements you will get from the planned upgrades are small.

Reactions: bibeksaha
Solution
don't bother with upgrades to the existing machine. New PCs use DDR4 so buying DDR3 is a sunk cost. The GT710 is atrocious (calling it an "upgrade" is a stretch)

What do you use this PC for?
What reason do you need iOS for?
Country?
Budget?

Mar 2, 2019
don't bother with upgrades to the existing machine. New PCs use DDR4 so buying DDR3 is a sunk cost. The GT710 is atrocious (calling it an "upgrade" is a stretch)

Country?
Budget?
Budget: $135 ~ Rs 9500
Original cost of the PC: $370 ~ Rs 22,000 (at that time rupee was strong against dollar $1 = Rs 60 at that time)

Mar 2, 2019

Country?
Budget?
My main reason is to learn Web development and iOS development.