[SOLVED] Should i upgrade my fx cpu and my graphics card

Jan 23, 2021
Hi guys im new in pc upgrade thing i just want to ask if i should upgrade my amd fx 4100 and 550ti to 6300 or maybe 8300 and pair it
with gt 1030 or gtx 750 ti or just buy new mobo and buy ryzen cpu like ryzen 3
i know the components are kinda old for this generation but i only use it for light gaming and editing im not planning it to use for streaming
either so its fine
Thanks for answering :)

Solution
Hi guys im new in pc upgrade thing i just want to ask if i should upgrade my amd fx 4100 and 550ti to 6300 or maybe 8300 and pair it
i know the components are kinda old for this generation but i only use it for light gaming and editing im not planning it to use for streaming
either so its fine
what kind of light gaming we talking about old school games too? i would so some comparing, as you might be able to get something better for like an extra $10-$20

Ferimer

Distinguished
either so its fine
what kind of light gaming we talking about old school games too? i would so some comparing, as you might be able to get something better for like an extra $10-$20

Solution
Jan 23, 2021
what i mean by light gaming is the rpg games im not going for heavy like modern warfare or anything like that but the reason i really need new components is to have better rendering when editing videos for my works
thanks for the suggestion maybe i will try to go for new mobo and buy ryzen 5 after seeing some reviews of it :)

Jan 22, 2021
Im on same generation parts. I think you too are on pcie 2.0, the jump up to zen 2 would be good at 3.0pcie. Big speed boost and the 1060 70 80 graphics. Honestly the newest zen 3 systems will cary you further i think. Am4 socket and pcie 4.0. Huge boost in speeds on every aspect. M.2 storage is cheap now. Last gen cards can be found cheaper, although new gen cards are cheaper in comparison and better.