[SOLVED] Should i upgrade my motherboard/CPU?

steinaroddsson

Reputable
Dec 26, 2017
So i recently got the palit RTX 3080 and didn't feel the fps increase was that significant from the 1070 OC.

I had tried overclocking the cpu and getting a liquid cooling but it was unfortunately very short lived and i started experiencing performance issues within a month.

Overclock settings used before

• OC Explore Mode: Expert
  • CPU Ratio Apply Mode: All Core
  • CPU Ratio: 48
  • CPU Ratio Mode: Dynamic Mode
  • Ring Ratio: Auto
  • Extreme Memory Profile (XMP): Enabled
  • DigitALL Power => CPU Loadline Calibration: Mode 4
  • Voltage: Auto
  • CPU: Core Voltage: 1.30
  • CPU SA Voltage: 1.20v Aka: VCCSA
  • CPU IO Voltage: 1.15v Aka: VCCIO
Cpu is on default settings currently.

My system consists of:

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 3.70GHz W/liquid cooling
32.0GB ram
Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON (Bios version A.B0 according to CMD)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
931GB Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB
931GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB
700w corsair PSU. (not sure the exact make and model as i am not home for a few weeks)

Almost everything in my pc is quite new except the motherboard and cpu which where bought and put together late 2017.

so i am wondering if i should get a new cpu/motherboard combo?

If that is the case then what CPU/motherboard combo would you recommend for my system?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to include the make and model of your PSU. What sort of an overclock did you perform on the platform? Frequency for the ram kit you're working with? A link to said ram kit would be of help to the community. BIOS version for your motherboard?

steinaroddsson

Reputable
Dec 26, 2017
You forgot to include the make and model of your PSU. What sort of an overclock did you perform on the platform? Frequency for the ram kit you're working with? A link to said ram kit would be of help to the community. BIOS version for your motherboard?
Updated

Information updated.

Hopefully it is enough to see if an upgrade is needed.