[SOLVED] Should i upgrade my ram freq or add a new one

ervindogan

Prominent
Nov 2, 2019
Hello guys, My question is about RAMs. I have i7-3770k, rx580 8GB and a <Mod Edit> motherboard. Currently i have DDR3 8gb 1833mhz ram but i can only use 1333 cuz of my stupid motherboard. In games like valorant i get 120fps. CPU usage is about 0-30% and GPU usage is also 0-30%.
So i think the main reason of not getting constant 144fps is RAM or HDD(Which is an 8 years old one). Here is my question. Should i buy another 8gb ram and ssd or should i upgrade the MHz of ram. If i upgrade mhz of ram i should change the motherboard and cpu. I dont have problems with my cpu so actually idont want to change it and if i do it will cost alot. What is the best for me? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
It really depends on what's really holding you back. If it is swapping, then more memory can keep the disk from getting hit and solve the issue. But if it is disk access then an ssd will solve it. I don't think the increased speed from changing the motherboard to use the 1833 will make as much of a difference as the other two upgrades.
Hello guys, My question is about RAMs. I have i7-3770k, rx580 8GB and a <Mod Edit> motherboard. Currently i have DDR3 8gb 1833mhz ram but i can only use 1333 cuz of my stupid motherboard. In games like valorant i get 120fps. CPU usage is about 0-30% and GPU usage is also 0-30%.
So i think the main reason of not getting constant 144fps is RAM or HDD(Which is an 8 years old one). Here is my question. Should i buy another 8gb ram and ssd or should i upgrade the MHz of ram. If i upgrade mhz of ram i should change the motherboard and cpu. I dont have problems with my cpu so actually idont want to change it and if i do it will cost alot. What is the best for me? Thanks.
upgrade the freq never mix

It really depends on what's really holding you back. If it is swapping, then more memory can keep the disk from getting hit and solve the issue. But if it is disk access then an ssd will solve it. I don't think the increased speed from changing the motherboard to use the 1833 will make as much of a difference as the other two upgrades.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution
But also to be fair mixing ram is never a good idea even if it of the same kit you almost will always just want to buy one kit. If you need more ram or faster ram never mix replace.

TRENDING THREADS