Question Should I use IObit products?

Oct 30, 2019
Is it worth using any IObit products? Are there better alternatives out there?

What software can I use to keep my PC optimal and is it necessary?

noonanb0404

Reputable
Jul 31, 2018
Smart Defrag is the best utility they offer.
Many of their other products are bulky and resource intensive. (Looking at you advanced system care)
The 3 must applications I'd recommend for your PC health:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Piriform CCleaner (light program to clean junk and the registry)
Smart Defrag
Anything further is really just bloat and probably more harmful to your performance than beneficial.

Oct 30, 2019
Smart Defrag is the best utility they offer.
Many of their other products are bulky and resource intensive. (Looking at you advanced system care)
The 3 must applications I'd recommend for your PC health:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Piriform CCleaner (light program to clean junk and the registry)
Smart Defrag
Anything further is really just bloat and probably more harmful to your performance than beneficial.
Okay thankyou for your advice. What about IObit Uninstaller?

noonanb0404

Reputable
Jul 31, 2018
Okay thankyou for your advice. What about IObit Uninstaller?
No problem, and actually CCleaner features an uninstaller that is better than the IOBit standalone app.

CCleaner.jpg

The "squishy thing between your ears" can accomplish all of these things of course but it is tedious and time consuming. Most users don't have the time to manually go through a drive and kill viruses/junk files/etc.

Oct 30, 2019
No problem, and actually CCleaner features an uninstaller that is better than the IOBit standalone app.

CCleaner.jpg

The "squishy thing between your ears" can accomplish all of these things of course but it is tedious and time consuming. Most users don't have the time to manually go through a drive and kill viruses/junk files/etc.
Ah yes I see that, last one, what about the IObit Driver Booster? Do I just go into the Device Manager and scan for driver updates on each device or what is recommended?

noonanb0404

Reputable
Jul 31, 2018
Ah yes I see that, last one, what about the IObit Driver Booster? Do I just go into the Device Manager and scan for driver updates on each device or what is recommended?

Yep USAFVet is correct. Driver programs in general are just bad. In my experience, half the time the drivers they install are either out of date or just plain incorrect and can seriously mess stuff up.
Your safest bet is through the control panel, windows update, and searching the manufacturers website (for each part, yes it's a pain but it ensures you get the right stuff) and downloading the most current driver for your model/OS.