[SOLVED] Should I use my igpu or my dedicated

Jan 10, 2022
I have an i3 10100, paired with 8gb 2666Mhz Ram. For the graphical option the prebuilt came with a 2GB GDDR5 GT 730, not really a gaming powerhouse lol. (it's the lenovo gt 730). I was wondering though, should I go with the UHD 630? It's VRAM is limited to only be allowed 1GB. Should I upgrade my ram? (Max speed is 2666mhz). There never is a CPU bottleneck too, btw. I'd love to hear answers with research behind them, comparing the two BEASTS of a cards specs wise and not by guessing.

Solution
As long as the GT 730 is installed, the only reason to try an utilize the integrated graphics would be if you needed to add more displays than the GT 730 can handle by itself. The GT 730 is by far the better solution, given it's own memory. The UHD 630 may perform better, but it's limited by system memory. A no cost solution is the GT 730. If you want to double your RAM to 16GB, then you can probably go with the UHD 630.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
As long as the GT 730 is installed, the only reason to try an utilize the integrated graphics would be if you needed to add more displays than the GT 730 can handle by itself. The GT 730 is by far the better solution, given it's own memory. The UHD 630 may perform better, but it's limited by system memory. A no cost solution is the GT 730. If you want to double your RAM to 16GB, then you can probably go with the UHD 630.

-Wolf sends

Solution