Show off your newest system upgrade components here!

Page 34 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
My not so old and not fancy system, most recent upgrade is B-die GSKill 3600 16-16-16-36 RAM (last week). The RTX 2080 Ti is 4 months old. Motherboard is the same as the Taichi with 16 power phases. Monitor is LG 4K60 FreeSync HDR400. This HAF-X case has so much airflow, see my signature for fans setup:
View: https://imgur.com/a/mIh9TjK

Asus Strix OC 2080 Ti
View: https://imgur.com/a/Pj7R9Z1

Overkill 1200W mining PSU from 2017 with 12 years warranty recommended by Tomshardware:
View: https://imgur.com/a/o9ayxQZ

Last edited:
Reactions: Dean0919
Well the "repair" with J-B Weld didn't go so well.

IMG-20200209-195820.jpg

Looks worse in the image (in terms of texture & scratches) than it does IRL.... Doesn't look great by any means though.

Just have @USAFRet 3D print you a new one.

Reactions: Barty1884

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
February

Bought MSI GTX 1660 Ti Gaming X 6G for my Skylake build.

vN591Cj.jpg

Since i have 144 Hz monitor, my trusty MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 3G isn't powerful enough to provide near 144 FPS @ 1080p on high/ultra settings and so i bought new GPU. New GPU is both smaller and lighter than old GPU, which i didn't expect. Also, new GPU has more RGB LEDs on it and only downside is that it doesn't match the black & red theme of the build, where's old GPU had nice black & red theme.

MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 3G (old GPU) next to MSI GTX 1660 Ti Gaming X 6G (new GPU) for size comparison.

gEF7VgF.jpg

Running 1080p monitor, there's no point for me to go past 1660 Ti GPU. One step up would be either GTX 1070 or RTX 2060 but those merit 1440p monitor. Moreover, i now have two "Titanium" parts in my PC, my Seasonic PSU and my MSI GPU.

New GPU installed.

oeNWFKX.jpg

Still thinking what to do with old GPU. I could put it into Haswell build for solid GPU upgrade from GTX 760 with much less power consumption but there is one downside. MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 3G has black & red theme and while ideal match to Skylake's build theme, it will ruin Haswell's build black & blue theme.

New GPU up and running.

D6j9ZeJ.jpg

Jun 8, 2019
SV3xvBX.jpg
The no bottle neck 1080p gaming beastttttt ryzen 5 2400g ocd to 3.9 ghz, Corsair vengeance ddr4 3000mhz 16gb 2x8 dual channell running xmp 2 240gb pny ssds 1 windows 1 games 1tb seagate barracuda 7200rpm ,diypc tempered glass case ,evga 500 w br psu , 1050ti zotac dual fan oc edtion ocd 125+core 650+mem .... idk how but i can stream full 1080 p 60 fps with this setup which i know some ppl with better gpus and they cant but hey im not complaining lol

Kristian Henao

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
I bought a 2400g in hopes to run a monitor of the apu and 2 of the 1050t .= No surround nvidia available with that set up. currently 3 monitors running at 5760x1080 an 60 Hz.
Far cry 5 on normal setting 25 Avg. fps
asrock pro 4
16 Gb 3200

Reactions: TechyInAZ
Well as it is the 27th of Feb...about time for a new monitor, upgrade from a 1080p basic to a Free-sync & G-Sync compatible. The Syncs work great as games for me like Shadows of War or theHunter had big frame rate jumps but way better now.

Very impressed with the colour, way better than the TA panel in my old (1 year lol) one. Big size for the resolution? Yes but 4k is still a bit mad and I don't have space for a second monitor at this time so it suits my situation perfectly. Very happy with it and would recommend.

DVDAOE7.jpg

AOC Gaming CQ32G1 80 cm, Curved Monitor (HDMI, DisplayPort) 2560x1440@144 Hz, 1 ms, Free-Sync & G-Sync compatible

Reactions: WildCard999
beQuietPSU 10 series 700w was starting to make a buzzing noise under load while gaming, only 2 years old but not taking chances so I decided to whack this problem on the head....with THORS hammer :ROFLMAO:
Maybe one of those cheap Tepco capacitators was going, who knows.... maybe I was just looking for an excuse too!!:unsure:

So it is installed and WOW whata power block this is, my fears about my old PSU were right, a 5% gain in FPS as the GPU was not getting enough juice !!! I even found a use for the ROG badge, can you spot it? Looks great, really solid build, enough cables for 2 rigs and loads of Rog goodies in a bag. Expensive... yes....worth it... OH YA BABY !!! And it is QUIET.... (pin drop)

SKvHoC4.jpg

NnBPywu.jpg

Last edited:

jwcrellin

Reputable
Just ordered a Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG case. The dust buildup when you daily an open air test bench is unreal.

Phanteks-Pro-M-Glass-Chassis-Review-on-KitGuru-Built-Front-Left.jpg

I'll be doing a 360 top rad open loop, so it'll look kinda like this..... minus the pop figures and front rad.

4715bcb7_atnKxnD.jpeg

g-unit1111

Titan
Here's my latest haul - an almost total overhaul and upgrade of my rig to AMD's X570 platform and I will get a Ryzen 4000 series CPU maybe next year. But here's the product boxes:

sqTv5sH.jpg

And here's my rig completed:

nTc8XaF.jpg

The specs:

• NZXT S340 Elite Purple Special Edition (existing part)
  • EVGA Supernova G2 750W (existing part)
  • Gigabyte Aorus X570 Ultra (new part)
  • AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (new part)
  • NZXT Kraken X62 (existing part)
  • Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3200 (new part)
  • Sabrent Rocket 1TB (new part)
  • Intel 660P 2TB (existing part)
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 (existing part)

Sold my older setup for a new CPU 10700K which is a 9900K at a 100 bucks less, New motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Z490 Ultra and new RAM TT ToughRam RGB DDR4 3600. New AIO in the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360mm...The case is also sort of new in the Antec Crystal P120...The rainbow puke is not!!!!

The CPU runs at 5.1GHz all core at 1.295v and with the Freezer II which I have to admit is stellar the temps are excellent. Gaming for the next 5 years covered...

Quiet happy with the case as it has great airflow with 3 120mm bringing air in from the bottom, three extracting via the AIO and one 120mm extracting as well. The PSU is at the top and also acts as a extractor..I have also added a puch pull setup to the AIO...runs in quiet mode so sound is just not an issue..

One final point, as the Antec Case has 3 vertical slots, the RTX 2080 can be vertically mounted with no issues as there is a nice gap before the glass panel and with the 3 x 120mm fans bring air up over the GPU temps have been great...

View: https://imgur.com/uphbUy3

View: https://imgur.com/AxMOJaC

View: https://imgur.com/9eQLPZe

View: https://imgur.com/dJsV7oN

Last edited:
XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT Triple-Dissipation 8GB:
14-150-839-V01.jpg
14-150-839-V04.jpg
14-150-839-V02.jpg
14-150-839-V03.jpg

Just got one of these yesterday. The RX 5700 XT supposedly has an MSRP of $399USD but of course few, if any, e-tailers were selling it for that. The pricing I saw was roughly on par with the RTX 2060 Super (which is a slower card) and a good deal below the price of the RTX 2070 (also a slower card). Here in Canada, the MSRP would've been $525CAD but the average going rate was $570CAD ($435USD) for the ASRock Phantom D version.

I had wanted an RX 5700 XT for quite awhile (once ATi got the drivers sorted) but I couldn't justify the cost of it. Then I came across this XFX version for only $480CAD/$364USD brand-new! At $90CAD off the general going rate, I couldn't say no and pulled the trigger within minutes of seeing it. It's the lowest price on a new RX 5700 XT in the world that I could find. I couldn't even find it this cheap in the USA (now THAT was a shock!).

I've had three XFX cards in the past (2 Radeons and a GeForce) and they worked just fine, so to me, this was a steal-and-a-half. I'll be pulling my Sapphire R9 Furies out of my rig tonight to put this baby in! That's why my sig still shows 2xR9 Fury Nitro.

Please pardon the stock photos but I'm at work and didn't have time to figure out how to upload a picture. Clicking on the photo icon only gave me a URL anyway.

Last edited:
So really happy, I have had a Ryzen CPU knocking around since the FX (I know) 3800 Vishera and I can say this is a fantastic CPU. I am getting single core boost of 4.839 on single and 4.817 (best cores seem to be 11 and then 6)on dual core boost out of the box, temps are good, idle 35-45, gaming 67 was the max. Apart from D.C.O.P activated I have no OC as of yet but I am too tired to tinker tonight. Games running very smooth (I am a V-sync user), I play mostly single player games (at the age of 50 you start to like people less... LOL) and I have without DEFINATIVE measuring I see a 20-30% uplift in what I play depending on the game over my Ryzen 7 2700x. Hmmm could be I am GPU bottlenecked....AGAIN.

And before I get accused of being an AMD fanboy I also have systems with i5 and i7 Intel CPU's in so please abstain ;)

Last edited: