[SOLVED] Simple question: Is Dell.com safe to purchase from or should I purchase from Currys?

Aug 18, 2019
I'm looking to purchase a new laptop in the UK, and I've had my eye on this model: https://deals.dell.com/en-uk/productdetail/2x5g
However after looking at some reviews online from websites such as trustpilot, evidence suggests that these websites are not safe to use? This seems to be the case for every tech company on trustpilot
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.dell.com
Seems wierd because these websites are the websites for the actual companies and don't seem to be scammers, does anyone have any experience successfully purchasing from these websites? Or should I just use currys/pcworld
Also, is the laptop I selected a good choice for the price range?

Solution
Linked dell in there as well just as an example since loads of websites seem to have low reviews

I was a bit unclear, I meant whether there would be any problems if I was to purchase a product from their website, e.g. faulty laptop but can't return/problem with delivery but refusing a refund, that sort of thing
If you're buying from anywhere in the EU, by law they have to take anything faulty back within 2 years or reimburse you in some way. If it is indeed faulty. You've got no problem buying from there, laws protect you from any site.
Aug 18, 2019
Interesting that you ask about Dell, but link Acer.
Linked dell in there as well just as an example since loads of websites seem to have low reviews

The links you share suggest poor customer service rather than internet security issues.
I was a bit unclear, I meant whether there would be any problems if I was to purchase a product from their website, e.g. faulty laptop but can't return/problem with delivery but refusing a refund, that sort of thing

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

If you're buying from anywhere in the EU, by law they have to take anything faulty back within 2 years or reimburse you in some way. If it is indeed faulty. You've got no problem buying from there, laws protect you from any site.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Dell.com is 'safe' to buy from. Warranty is warranty is warranty.

If you were to buy from Curry's, after some point they'd refer you to Dell for warranty repair. It's the same device.
Now...if you are in a remote Pacific island country, and buy a grey market device from a 3rd party seller from Romania, shipping from Russia, shipping to Australia and then your friend brings it to you in Qatar....all bets are off.

Reactions: PC Tailor

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Dell.com is 'safe' to buy from. Warranty is warranty is warranty.

If you were to buy from Curry's, after some point they'd refer you to Dell for warranty repair. It's the same device.
Now...if you are in a remote Pacific island country, and buy a grey market device from a 3rd party seller from Romania, shipping from Russia, shipping to Australia and then your friend brings it to you in Qatar....all bets are off.
What's worse is we all know this does actually happen...