navodit14

Honorable
May 20, 2018
Hello,

I'm building a new computer. I'm thinking of installing 96GBs of RAM. The thing is that 2x48gb is not easily available but 1x48gb is comparatively easier to get. How much does it matter to buy the RAM in kit, rather than buying 2 identical sticks?

Thanks

Endre

Honorable
Hello,

I'm building a new computer. I'm thinking of installing 96GBs of RAM. The thing is that 2x48gb is not easily available but 1x48gb is comparatively easier to get. How much does it matter to buy the RAM in kit, rather than buying 2 identical sticks?

Thanks
Hello!

Buying a RAM DIMM at first, then buying another one, identical to the first, so they can become a pair in your system, usually works.
However, I don't recommend doing that!
In rare cases, such a pair is unstable, or in very rare cases they do not work with each other at all!

Buying a kit 2x48GB or 2x32GB is my recommendation.

I hope this helps...

navodit14

Honorable
May 20, 2018
Hello!

Buying a RAM DIMM at first, then buying another one, identical to the first, so they can become a pair in your system, usually works.
However, I don't recommend doing that!
In rare cases, such a pair is unstable, or in very rare cases they do not work with each other at all!

Buying a kit 2x48GB or 2x32GB is my recommendation.

I hope this helps...
Thanks for the reply.

What if I purchase 2 quantities of a stick at the same time? Won't those 2 be identical?