Question Motherboard wont give power to anything with a certain gpu

Aug 11, 2024
I have a (1050ti) that whenever I plug into my motherboard a (gigabyte ga 78 lmt usb3 r2)
Will stop any power from going to all my USB ports and won't display a signal. Whenever I plug in an older graphics card a (gt730) everything works seemly fine there were a few times when even with the 730 some ports wouldnt get power. Could this be an issue with my motherboard not being able to supply enough power anymore or just an issue with the graphics card. I put a new psi in so I know that's not the problem

AMD FX-6300
deep cool with heat sink
gigabyte GA 78 LMT usb3 r2
2x8GB ddr3 1600mhz
Seagate Barracuda 1tb
GTX 1050ti
TOUGH POWER GX2 600W
Phanteks Eclipse P300
Windows 10
Sceptre 144hz 24 inch

Power supply is brand new as I purchased It originally thinking it was a problem with the PSU

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

I have a (1050ti) that whenever I plug into my motherboard a (gigabyte ga 78 lmt usb3 r2)
Will stop any power from going to all my USB ports and won't display a signal. Whenever I plug in an older graphics card a (gt730) everything works seemly fine there were a few times when even with the 730 some ports wouldnt get power. Could this be an issue with my motherboard not being able to supply enough power anymore or just an issue with the graphics card. I put a new psi in so I know that's not the problem

AMD FX-6300
deep cool with heat sink
gigabyte GA 78 LMT usb3 r2
2x8GB ddr3 1600mhz
Seagate Barracuda 1tb
GTX 1050ti
TOUGH POWER GX2 600W
Phanteks Eclipse P300
Windows 10
Sceptre 144hz 24 inch

Power supply is brand new as I purchased It originally thinking it was a problem with the PSU
You'll just have to try GPU in another PC, it's possible to have a short somewhere.