I have a SIS 735 motherboard with on board audio card. I
have recently upgraded to windows XP and downloaded the
approriate audio driver SIS 7012. When I install it it
gives me an error that the `Multimedia Audio Controller`
is already in use and so can not be installed,. Thus I
am not able to use the sound card. Can anyone help please?

SteveL

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2004

try this, reboot go into your bios settings and disable
the audio device, save and reboot, install the audio
driver reboot go back into the bios enable the audio
device, save and reboot.
Another way is to upgrade the driver, go to device manager
select the multimedia tab and upgrade the driver.

i hav the same prob but when i try to install it it says The name is
already in use as either a service name or service diplay name plez
help me !

--
Scooby9