Skytec ScanMagic 1200 CP +

Hi!

Several years ago I bought a scanner Skytec ScanMagic 1200 CP+. Till last
week i had an old PC with mainboard built on VXProII chipset and Win98SE/ME
installed on it (LPT set in BIOS to EPP and seen like that under Win). Now I
have an K7VTA3 mainboard with WinXP. My problem is connected with drivers
for this scanner. Earlier I had no problems with scanner and now i can't
find the right drivers for it. My XP says that my LPT is an ECP port (BIOS
is set fot ECP+EPP - any other choice forces the computer to reboot when XP
shows first time the wallpaper), I can install the old driver that I got
with the scanner but they don't work under the XP. I found that Skytec is a
clone of MUSTEK and that i can install Mustek drivers. So I've installed the
drivers (Mustek ScanMagic 1200 CP+) but the scanner doesn't work as it
sholud. On "previev" stops every 3-4cm and normal scanning is much slower
than it was on old drivers under Win98SE/ME. Does anyone know what should I
do? I use modem to connect to the internet so I can't download every driver
that could work - it costs to much in Poland ;-( Is there any chance to fix
the problem or do I have to buy another scanner? Thanks for every answers!

Best regards, Rafal.

PS.
Sorry for my english. I didn't use it for 8 years ;-)

"Rafa³" <rafal6006@o2.pl> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> Several years ago I bought a scanner Skytec ScanMagic 1200 CP+. Till last
> week i had an old PC with mainboard built on VXProII chipset and
> Win98SE/ME
> installed on it (LPT set in BIOS to EPP and seen like that under Win). Now
> have an K7VTA3 mainboard with WinXP. My problem is connected with drivers
> for this scanner. Earlier I had no problems with scanner and now i can't
> find the right drivers for it. My XP says that my LPT is an ECP port (BIOS
> is set fot ECP+EPP - any other choice forces the computer to reboot when
> XP
> shows first time the wallpaper), I can install the old driver that I got
> with the scanner but they don't work under the XP. I found that Skytec is
> clone of MUSTEK and that i can install Mustek drivers. So I've installed
> the
> drivers (Mustek ScanMagic 1200 CP+) but the scanner doesn't work as it
> sholud. On "previev" stops every 3-4cm and normal scanning is much slower
> than it was on old drivers under Win98SE/ME. Does anyone know what should
> do? I use modem to connect to the internet so I can't download every
> driver
> that could work - it costs to much in Poland ;-( Is there any chance to
> fix
> the problem or do I have to buy another scanner? Thanks for every answers!
>
> Best regards, Rafal.
>
> PS.
> Sorry for my english. I didn't use it for 8 years ;-)

You write English well enough.

Get a new scanner that works in Windows XP. Get a USB scanner.

Windows XP does not work very well with Parallel port scanners. Only
Printers work well on the Parallel port in Windows XP.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

U¿ytkownik "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci

> You write English well enough.
>
> Get a new scanner that works in Windows XP. Get a USB scanner.
>
> Windows XP does not work very well with Parallel port scanners. Only
> Printers work well on the Parallel port in Windows XP.
>
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
> --

Is there a scanner that You could recomend to buy??

Rafa³.

> U¿ytkownik "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> >
> > You write English well enough.
> >
> > Get a new scanner that works in Windows XP. Get a USB scanner.
> >
> > Windows XP does not work very well with Parallel port scanners. Only
> > Printers work well on the Parallel port in Windows XP.
> >
> > --
> > CSM1
> > http://www.carlmcmillan.com
> > --
>
> Is there a scanner that You could recomend to buy??
>
> Rafa³.

The Epson scanners are very popular.
Epson has a lot of choices.

Find your country: