Question Slow Boot on new hardware

Oct 10, 2024
At first the new pc build was starting up fast, now when i boot i see my corsair cooler or rgb fans light up but it takes some time for it to output anything to the monitor or keyboard
the day before i did have a blue screen just watching a video, once i restarted it went away.
sometimes the issue does not even occur and i get a fast boot.
i noticed some strange things with corsair products like after being shutdown, the components seem to still light up at times.
the corsair products are detecting in iCUE and its updated.
I just built the machine, sucks thats its not working flawlessly, any help would be appreciated

specs:
corsair h150i lcd cooler
Aorus b650 elite ax
amd 7950x3d
corsair vengence 64gb
nvidia gigabyte 4070ti super eagle 16gb
2tb samsung 990 EVO m.2

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2024
some additional info: the corsair cooler/ram/ fans are all controlled by iCUE. I figured it was a little wonky but was fine since, it detected all of the items and the temps seemed fine, no crashes on extended intense gaming usage. but sometimes when i shut down the pc, some components can remain lit up which confused me, but after some research it seemed like corsair products can do that. Sometimes when i start up it goes back to a factory setting rather than the colors I picked or splash screen on the LCD for the cooler.

there might not be any issue with anything corsair related here, but since it was weird to me i thought id include it.

also the frequency of this slow boot is not 100% of the time, it seems to happen now and again. At first i would just restart it because it wasnt booting and then it would work, but i tried a couple of restarts and was kind of stunned when it didn't work, which was the reason for the thread. I unplugged power and held power button and tried again (it might be helping?) then while i was sitting there thinking about what i should do because it wont boot - it then loaded bios then windows (seemed to take a over a minute). (to be clear when this happens, it does not output video - all fans spin/RGB and my KB/mouse and monitor do not light up and somehow my USB mic lights up no matter what)

Edit: This pc i built myself and it was built about 2 months ago (had no issues until now)

Last edited:

CParsons

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
iCue is kinda notorious for slowing down a PC. I would personally start there by removing it and seeing if you still have issues. You might be better served by using something like OpenRGB.