Question Slow Internet speed on one computer but not on others ?

Dec 13, 2021
I am having some internet speed issues on one computer. On one computer I am getting 1 gig speed. With the same cable, on the computer with the issue, I am only getting around 130 mbs. I booted a live version of Ubuntu and ran a speedtest and I got about 700-800 mbs on the computer with an issue - so I am guessing it is a Windows issue. Note: All of my speedtests were done using the same browser and the same website, https://www.speedtest.net/.

What I have tried:

• Switching my Speed and Duplex to 1 gig and auto-negotiation
  • Flushed DNS
  • Purchased a new 2.5 gig NIC
  • Tried different cables
  • Reset modem/router
  • Ran a live USB version of Ubuntu and found the speed to be almost 8 times faster
  • Monitored resource monitor and closed and programs that were using the network
  • Briefly removed my anti-virus software
  • Updated drivers
Is there anything else I could do?

Thanks!

Dec 13, 2021
Dec 13, 2021
I have the exact same issue but 30mbs on my PC and approx. 400mbs on my old macbook and new iphone. I just booted in safe mode and connected ethernet (still in safe mode typing this) and got 500mbs on PC so is it likely to be a driver/software/config issue? how can I figure out what it is/remove it? thanks so much i've literally spent 10+ hours trying to sort this, put a new network card in and everything lol. Cheers.

Jan 18, 2022
dont know if youve checked your VPN, they normaly always limit your intenet speed to a fraction, you could check. the vpn could be a program or a google chrome extensions, just trun it off and do the test again.