Question slowly climbs to 85 - 86 degrees when hopping into a match of Valorant but slowly chills down to 65-66 degrees?

stewuie

Great
Jul 4, 2023
Is this completely normal for Intel Stock Coolers and to be expected?

I just recently noticed that this happens but after like 3 to 2 minutes of gaming it chills down to 60 to 50 degrees but when it comes to other games it wont do the climb degrees thingy and

When idle it's 39 to 43 degrees minimum.

Quite frankly it's getting abit dusty just abit inside the cooler. And it only has two fans no rear fan only front fans.

Last edited:
Sounds normal to me.
What is your cpu?

Motherboard fan curves will ramp up the cooler fan speed as the cpu heats up.
How fast and now quickly depends on the load.

Intel max temperature is around 100c. so not to worry about that.

Front fans is good. all the cooling air that enters the case will exit SOMEWHERE, taking component heat with it.
The main purpose of a rear exit fan is to direct the airstream over the cooler, motherboard and graphics card.

To keep dust out of the pc, get a filter for the front intakes.
If the front is the only source for cooling air, you will have a "positive pressure" system which is best for a clean pc.

stewuie

Great
Jul 4, 2023
Sounds normal to me.
What is your cpu?

Motherboard fan curves will ramp up the cooler fan speed as the cpu heats up.
How fast and now quickly depends on the load.

Intel max temperature is around 100c. so not to worry about that.

Front fans is good. all the cooling air that enters the case will exit SOMEWHERE, taking component heat with it.
The main purpose of a rear exit fan is to direct the airstream over the cooler, motherboard and graphics card.

To keep dust out of the pc, get a filter for the front intakes.
If the front is the only source for cooling air, you will have a "positive pressure" system which is best for a clean pc.
Forgot to add in the cpu but its a i5-10600
But i think i only noticed this now 😅 The temp climbing thingy but overtime for about 1 - 3 mins it cools down so it should be fine.
And it gets abit loud but i noticed it two days ago because i wasnt wearing any headphones on and i just decided to warm-up and i heard the fans were ramping abit and abit loud and as time went on it disappeared.

No overclocks / No tweaks / motherboard settings at default.

I've had no problems with it in the past couple of years i repasted it 5 months ago it used to go to almost 90 degrees when gaming because it was hella hella dirty.

Doesnt stutter/drop fps that often but i assume the one to two second stutters when the round begins/ends and or sometimes when i get killed by a enemy but i assume them as loading because they never come back after.

Last edited:

stewuie

Great
Jul 4, 2023
Forgot to add in the cpu but its a i5-10600
But i think i only noticed this now 😅 The temp climbing thingy but overtime for about 1 - 3 mins it cools down so it should be fine.

No overclocks / No tweaks / motherboard settings at default.
Planning to add fans and a new gpu next month and also dual channel ram and a Deepcool Ak400 cooler