[SOLVED] So I got an SSD and made a mess...

Aug 1, 2021
I bought a Kingston SSD, and after installing it, used some software that came free with it to transfer my data. Now when I boot with both drives installed nothing happens, if I boot then install then the SSD shows up nowhere. If I boot with only the SSD installed then it comes to a screen where I have to fill in my password, I don't remember it, and I can't change it because I have no other way of accessing the SSD

Solution
you have 2 drives with boot information and probably the same imbedded windows EIDN numbers stored on both drives you must fully format the first drive that you moved all the data from and remove from pc and then install the second drive and initiate windows boot recovery by cutting the power to the pc while trying to boot windows 2-3 times in a row and fix issues with windows not starting

perrynick17

Commendable
BANNED
Dec 30, 2018
you have 2 drives with boot information and probably the same imbedded windows EIDN numbers stored on both drives you must fully format the first drive that you moved all the data from and remove from pc and then install the second drive and initiate windows boot recovery by cutting the power to the pc while trying to boot windows 2-3 times in a row and fix issues with windows not starting

Solution