Question So is it possible to fry only one GPU output?

ajdin.hasic45

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017
Specs:
CPU-I5 750 OC-3.16Ghz
GPU-RX 550 2GB GDDR5
RAM-8GB 1066Ghz
Motherboard -GA-P55-USB3 rev 2.0
PSU is a 630W dont remember what brand but its not the issue i think...

I have 3 monitors connected to the RX550 and it had worked for a good 2 months(the GPU i had for a year before and have had no problem with it).So one day i was bored so i was looking at my GPU settings and saw that i had Eyefinity and i checked what i could do with it i realised that i could use it to play some CS GO and it worked...For 5Min well i quit CS to adjast some settings in it mainly the resolution becouse two of my monitors have the resolution of 1600x900 and the main on has 1680x1050 so i wonted to see if i could do something about it...so as i was fiddling around with them god damn settings i found out that one of my monitors just stopped working than i tried to reset everything back to what it was at the start,but whan i did it it still was not working...than i realised that it was detected but as a NoN-PnP monitor and the resolution was set too low and the monitor couldnt work properly than i uninstalled my monitor drivers and GPU driver.After i restarted the PC i installed the driver and it worked fine for a day(one more thing i had an outdated driver whan i first tried Eyefinity i found it out only after i downloaded the new driver)Than again the same thing happened so i tried u uninstall everything again but this time whan i did it my driver worked but again the display didnt again the NoN-PnP Garbage so i unpluged the monitor and replugged it again but again not working but this time its not even loaded as a NoN-PnP monitor not even working so i thought it was my cable thats the problem so i sadly bought 2 god damn cables for that god damn monitor And found out oof its still FU**** and i took my tv that i use to use as my PC monitor that had a HDMI port and tried to use it and it surprisingly

did not work.....
so now can someone plz tell me if i just fried the HDMI port or is something in Windows or the GPU Driver Corrupt and one more thing i my windows is already kinda bugged it for some reason dont wont to update just says there is an error updating everything else on the GPU works otherwise.

or is my pc trolling my a** somehow???

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
you can kill a port and not the card.
you can test this by trying a new environment, boot into linux and test the ports under a new OS with new drivers.

Boot to a USB drive with linux on it. grab a USB drive, a copy of rufus and a linux distribution.
http://distrowatch.com/ has tons of differing linux distributions and download links. I personally am fond of linux mint with cinnamon.
https://rufus.ie/ the utility used to extract the ISO file to the USB drive.

use rufus to extract the selected ISO to the thumb drive. it will make the drive bootable and you can run linux from the drive once done.
Reboot into linux and proceed to test the hardware. connect to internet, watch videos, await problems.
if linux is good and stable the issue is most likely inside windows or otherwise software related.
this is a test of the hardware.

if the port is dead here its dead dead. RIP HDMI

could the wattage be 620W? I know of 620W rated units I do not know of any 630W rated units.

Reactions: ajdin.hasic45

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It's really hard to read your post the way you've written it, but on a general level it's possible to break only one GPU output.

If your Windows is screwed up, you need to reinstall before proceeding further because it'll prevent diagnosing your PC. It's also hard to tell what "settings" you've changed. Remember, none of us are sitting at your computer and it's hard to parse your timeline.

I wouldn't assume that your PSU is not a problem. It may not be causing this particular problem, but 630W is an unusual wattage and I can't think of any 630W off-hand that is a PSU of any quality (Raidmax, StarTech, and Thermaltake SMART are all must-avoids).

ajdin.hasic45

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017
you can kill a port and not the card.
you can test this by trying a new environment, boot into linux and test the ports under a new OS with new drivers.

Boot to a USB drive with linux on it. grab a USB drive, a copy of rufus and a linux distribution.
http://distrowatch.com/ has tons of differing linux distributions and download links. I personally am fond of linux mint with cinnamon.
https://rufus.ie/ the utility used to extract the ISO file to the USB drive.

use rufus to extract the selected ISO to the thumb drive. it will make the drive bootable and you can run linux from the drive once done.
Reboot into linux and proceed to test the hardware. connect to internet, watch videos, await problems.
if linux is good and stable the issue is most likely inside windows or otherwise software related.
this is a test of the hardware.

if the port is dead here its dead dead. RIP HDMI

could the wattage be 620W? I know of 620W rated units I do not know of any 630W rated units.
Ok ill try that tnx and yea it is a 630w i know its strange but ill replace it soon

ajdin.hasic45

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017
It's really hard to read your post the way you've written it, but on a general level it's possible to break only one GPU output.

If your Windows is screwed up, you need to reinstall before proceeding further because it'll prevent diagnosing your PC. It's also hard to tell what "settings" you've changed. Remember, none of us are sitting at your computer and it's hard to parse your timeline.

I wouldn't assume that your PSU is not a problem. It may not be causing this particular problem, but 630W is an unusual wattage and I can't think of any 630W off-hand that is a PSU of any quality (Raidmax, StarTech, and Thermaltake SMART are all must-avoids).
Sorry my bad.not that good with english. Imma try to reinstall windows but i got really important stuff on it so thats why i posted this thread to see if someone had the same issue as me.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Sorry my bad.not that good with english. Imma try to reinstall windows but i got really important stuff on it so thats why i posted this thread to see if someone had the same issue as me.

If you have really important stuff on it, you really need to have a backup. If you lose things because of a fresh Windows reinstall, your data is at grave risk because hard drives die suddenly without warning all the time.