Question So my pc has been shutting down while gaming..

maskedterminal

Commendable
Aug 27, 2018
I've tried swapping PSU, ones new and the others old, both seem to have the same problem. The EVGA (The newer PSU) provides a slightly longer play time before it completely shuts down. My temps are all fine. My drivers are all updated and everything is getting electricity. The only thing I can think of that might be the problem is either a current fluctuation, my motherboard going bad or my PSU going bad. My motherboard is a gigabyte and my PSU is evga. I just can't see them having this kind of problem (its possible though). Especially when they're giants in the pc industry. I really do think my PSU just isn't getting enough current. What my question is, which UPS would be good to invest in? My PSU is an EVGA G3 Supernova 850w Gold. I could be wrong on this though.. Currently my pc is still working. I can still stream videos and use Firefox just fine but as soon as I get on a game it shuts down. The GPU or the CPU isn't getting enough power, but I could also be wrong on that. I'm no expert by any means, I just know what I know and figure out what I can.

I'm running 5 fans
PSU: EVGA G3 Supernova 850watt Gold
CPU: Amd Ryzen 7 2700x (I'm also using the tower fan that comes with it)
RAM: 32gb of ram RGB
MB: ASUS ROG Strix b450-f gaming (Also, I just realized I was wrong on my MB. The gigabyte was on my old PC)
GPU: MSI Duke RTX 2070 (Which has 3 fans, all work)
WIreless card: Asus PCE-AC88 Dual-Band 4x4 AC3100
SSD: Samsung EVO 970plus

Last edited:

maskedterminal

Commendable
Aug 27, 2018
full system spec?
check cpu/gpu temp during the game?

Yeah, I checked the temps while in game, at least for as long as it allowed me to while using the EVGA. Is there a way I can record the temps and have them autosave? Because pretty much everytime I get on a game it shuts down. Don't really have time to look

but I'm running 5 fans
CPU: Amd Ryzen 7 2700x (I'm also has the tower fan that comes with it)
MB: ASUS ROG Strix b450-f gaming (Also, I just realized I was wrong on my MB. The gigabyte was on my old PC)
GPU: MSI Duke RTX 2070

Honestly, I wish I went with a MB that had a built in watt meter. My MB is a little old.

Last edited:

maskedterminal

Commendable
Aug 27, 2018
Yeah, I checked the temps while in game, at least for as long as it allowed me to while using the EVGA. Is there a way I can record the temps and have them autosave? Because pretty much everytime I get on a game it shuts down. Don't really have time to look

but I'm running 5 fans
CPU: Amd Ryzen 7 2700x (I'm also has the tower fan that comes with it)
GPU: MSI Duke RTX 2070

Honestly, I wish I went with a MB that had a built in watt meter. My MB is a little old.
Also.. I manged to actually get on a game and I even done an entire mission without any problems what so ever.. It's strange. No FPS drops ( I didn't get any FPS drops before either), not high temps. Everything was pretty normal.
ghm.png

I actually turned my GPU fans on to 100% because I noticed my SSD was sitting at 111'c which didn't seem good. My SSD gets no air flow unfortunately. It sits right below my GPU and half the time my GPU never runs hot enough for the fans to turn on. I think it has a lot to do with how I have one of my case fans positioned, basically sucking out all of the heat the GPU gives off.