[SOLVED] (SOLVED) DRAM, VGA, Debug LED's, on startup and restart, CPU fan RGB flashing

Sep 8, 2019
PSU was the issue- upgraded wattage to 1000w- no problems- may have been overkill for my set up

System Specs:
Mobo: MSI Arsenal gaming B450 Tomahawk
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
COOLING: Stock AMD fan
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX1060 6GB
RAM:G.SKILL Aegis 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Memory (Desktop Memory) Model F4-3000C16S-8GISB x2
STORAGE: Samsung NvME M.2 SSD 250GB
POWER: EVGA 550W https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-N1-0550-L1
CASE: Rosewill ATX Mid Tower Gaming PC Computer Case with Dual Ring Blue LED Fans, 360mm Water Cooling Radiator Support, Tempered Glass and Steel, USB 3.0 -

Can't seem to find this specific issue on the boards here.

Custom built system, first time builder...

Had to update the BIOS in order to run the 3rd Gen CPU on my motherboard, was having no problems installing Windows 10 home. I did not take the time to fully update my software before attempting to run FarCry 5, but I don't think that is my problem. Club me over the head if you think it is.

First time it happened, loading screen had barely appeared with spinning symbol in the corner, and internal RGB on the CPU fan as well as the case fan blue LED began flashing, not on off flash, more like a strobe effect. DRAM, and VGA Debug lights were on and steady. Case power button would not turn of the system when held, only hard shutoff of Power supply would turn it off.

One of the times attempting to turn off I accidently switched the power back on before the system had a chance to discharge power; issue seemed to be fixed, no debug LEDs and Windows started normally, however; when I went to update Windows and the system restarted, it happened again. Now every time I power the System on I have this issue.

I need help. I'm concerned I am somehow seriously frelling up my computer, that I've sunk almost 1000 dollars into...

PSU

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2019
update driver.

model of the psu?

PSU: EVGA 550w

Did a system reset and reinstall of OS;

Updated system fully; check

Updated GPU Driver; check

I started trying to benchmark using Heaven DX11 but it is now doing the same thing during the test.

symptoms: Screen goes black, flashing CPU fan RGB, CPU debug LED, only happens when trying to run anything graphics intensive, all graphics settings are at default for everything.

Friend is suggesting it is a BIOS issue- which makes sense- had to update msi B450 Tomahawk BIOS to get it to support 3700x cpu.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2019
What exact EVGA power supply do you have and how old is it?
EVGA 500 watt means nothing. They have cheap 500 watt and quality 500 watt power supplies.

EVGA 550w

I'm assuming the cheaper one... cost $50
If it had anything else on the box or in the manual to identify it I'd tell you what it is. 😕
Brand new, bought it at a PC supply store.

EDIT: P/N 100-N1-0550-L1

That's all I can find

Last edited:

Latest posts