Question [solved] GPU fan suddenly went to 100%

Sep 25, 2021
Hello

I have a SAPPHIRE Nitro RADEON Rx 580 special edition.
https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/nitro-rx-580-8g-g5-se
The other parts are:
Intel Core i7 6700k
Motherboard:Asus VIII hero
16GB HyperX RAM
SAMSUNG SATA 128 GB
Windows 10 64bit

I was working on my browser today and suddenly the GPU started to run the GPU fan at 100% continuously (it goes to off for 5-10 secs and goes back to 100 % again). It is very annoying when it is at 100% and I can not work with the PC any more after this happens for a long time. Do you have any idea what might be the reason and how to fix it?
The Radeon graphic card driver software is showing 0 RPM and GPU consumption based on task manager is 1%, but I see physically that the fan is at 100% and very noisy.

Best regards

Zeedo65

D

Deleted member 2892393

Had almost the same problem today with my Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 OC WindForce (2x fans). After running a program (which was not a virus lmao) the left GPU fan started spinning at max speed (1500rpm) and the right one was struggling to spin (and gpu-z showed 200rpm speed). Aorus Engine didn't do anything. Then I noticed a weird smell from the fan and immediately shut it down. After cleaning the pcb + fans the problem still remained. Then I decided to remove Aorus engine and just use the gpu with the fans on auto. After a few hours I reinstalled Aorus Engine and the fans worked perfectly.

Reactions: Zeedo65
Sep 25, 2021
Hello

I have a SAPPHIRE Nitro RADEON Rx 580 special edition.
https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/nitro-rx-580-8g-g5-se
The other parts are:
Intel Core i7 6700k
Motherboard:Asus VIII hero
16GB HyperX RAM
SAMSUNG SATA 128 GB
Windows 10 64bit

I was working on my browser today and suddenly the GPU started to run the GPU fan at 100% continuously (it goes to off for 5-10 secs and goes back to 100 % again). It is very annoying when it is at 100% and I can not work with the PC any more after this happens for a long time. Do you have any idea what might be the reason and how to fix it?
The Radeon graphic card driver software is showing 0 RPM and GPU consumption based on task manager is 1%, but I see physically that the fan is at 100% and very noisy.

Best regards

Zeedo65

I finally noticed that the water cooler for the CPU (the brand name is gamerstorm) leaked some droplets on the graphic card. Consequently the graphic card was working abnormally. I hope after I return everything back, the issue would be solved! But, I really doubt! Let’s see. Thanks for your contributions. :)