Question [SOLVED] Lagging in games, but have low ping and high FPS??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2020
I built this PC at the end of May. Last week I installed some Touchaqua Bitspower Case fans (x3) which had a separate fan hub and ARGB controllor, both of which had direct power from the PSU via sata connector. Then, I was suddenly cutting audio in and out and my games were SUPER laggy, like completely unplayable. I couldn’t figure it out so I gave up for the night.

Next morning I went to power on my PC (from sleep mode) and only the fans would turn on, nothing else. I freaked out and disassembled the fans/hubs and took them out, and everything powered on as normal. EXCEPT i was still having this lag/sound stutter.

SPECS:
  • MSI x470 Gaming Plus Motherboard
  • EVGA RTX 2060 Super
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Hyper 212x Black Édition RGB
  • 2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
  • 3x Antec RGB Spark series Case Fans (replaced those touchaqua with these)
  • 2 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
  • Powerspec PSU in gold (650 watts)
WHAT I HAVE TRIED:
  • Deleted all Nahimic and Realtek audio drivers, re-installed (this has fixed the sound issue)
  • Deleted GPU drivers, reinstalled
  • Fresh install of League of Legends (before I realized it happens with every game)
  • Installed AMD chipset driver thru Dragon Center
  • Flashed my BIOS to the most recent one
  • Unseated RAM and GPU, replaces PCI-e cord from GPU to PSU
All temps are normal, even when I play LoL, ping normal, FPS are normal, no signs of a virus. Idle CPU is about 38 C but after playing one game of league among other things it goes to 46 C and then when i’m playing it’s 52-55 C

I had 1 successful game after the first two steps^ and then it went back to a lag, and then had 1 successful game last night after doing the rest and alas, it started <Mod Edit> up again. Did these fans <Mod Edit> up my hardware? I never smelt burning or anything like that, no signs of visible damage. I’m at my wits end and if I can’t figure it out, I suppose I will bring it to micro center and do the diagnostics there. I also bought the fans from them. I just really would prefer to avoid having to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I built this PC at the end of May. Last week I installed some Touchaqua Bitspower Case fans (x3) which had a separate fan hub and ARGB controllor, both of which had direct power from the PSU via sata connector. Then, I was suddenly cutting audio in and out and my games were SUPER laggy, like completely unplayable. I couldn’t figure it out so I gave up for the night.

Next morning I went to power on my PC (from sleep mode) and only the fans would turn on, nothing else. I freaked out and disassembled the fans/hubs and took them out, and everything powered on as normal. EXCEPT i was still having this lag/sound stutter.

SPECS:
  • MSI x470 Gaming Plus Motherboard
  • EVGA RTX 2060 Super
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Hyper 212x Black Édition RGB
  • 2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
  • 3x Antec RGB Spark series Case Fans (replaced those touchaqua with these)
  • 2 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
  • Powerspec PSU in gold (650 watts)
WHAT I HAVE TRIED:
  • Deleted all Nahimic and Realtek audio drivers, re-installed (this has fixed the sound issue)
  • Deleted GPU drivers, reinstalled
  • Fresh install of League of Legends (before I realized it happens with every game)
  • Installed AMD chipset driver thru Dragon Center
  • Flashed my BIOS to the most recent one
  • Unseated RAM and GPU, replaces PCI-e cord from GPU to PSU
All temps are normal, even when I play LoL, ping normal, FPS are normal, no signs of a virus. Idle CPU is about 38 C but after playing one game of league among other things it goes to 46 C and then when i’m playing it’s 52-55 C

I had 1 successful game after the first two steps^ and then it went back to a lag, and then had 1 successful game last night after doing the rest and alas, it started <Mod Edit> up again. Did these fans <Mod Edit> up my hardware? I never smelt burning or anything like that, no signs of visible damage. I’m at my wits end and if I can’t figure it out, I suppose I will bring it to micro center and do the diagnostics there. I also bought the fans from them. I just really would prefer to avoid having to do that.
You're HDD might be dying, how old is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
You should really test frame rate performance in single player LAN games....; there is no certainty that whatever server(s) you (if playing on-line games) will have the throughput /bandwidth to service your potentially high FPS...which often results in 1-3 second hitches in the game...

Oct 14, 2020
You should really test frame rate performance in single player LAN games....; there is no certainty that whatever server(s) you (if playing on-line games) will have the throughput /bandwidth to service your potentially high FPS...which often results in 1-3 second hitches in the game...

I don't think this is an issue, I have been playing league near-daily since we have been locked inside (lol) and never ran into such issues. Why would this be consistently happening for the last week all the sudden? Nothing has changed except the installation/removal of those case fans. I'm about to try to run a game and grab a recording of the glitch for you guys. :/

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/34143867

UserBenchmarks: Game 97%, Desk 90%, Work 90%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X - 93.3%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060S (Super) - 104.5%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2018) - 66%
RAM: Corsair CMW16GX4M2E3200C16 2x8GB - 89%
MBD: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX (MS-7B79)
Looks much better. You say you deleted the gpu driver, did you use DDU to do this? If no try using DDU as sometimes regular uninstalling is not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.