Hey guys am running the original windows 8.1 pro. Now whenever i try to check for updates, am getting this 8024402c error. Now can anyone supply me with a step by step guide to solve it as theres no concrete one available on the net. THANKS
The source files could not be downloaded.
Use the "source" option to specify the location of the files that are required t
o restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see
The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log
This is the error message am receiving. And no, reinstalling windows is not an option. I have many softwares installed. I dont have the time to go through the installation of each one of them
thank you Shivam15 - you have saved me! For 2 days I literally went through about 150 articles on this and tried every suggestion they threw out, but none of them worked. I popped in Google's DNS server in my config, and bamm, I got Windows updates. I have other Windows 7 machines in my house that use my Frontier's router DNS servers, but for some reason this new install of Windows 7 could not use those DNS servers. I hope this helps someone else out as well as I was out of ideas and the laptop is pretty old so I didn't know if I'd be able to install 8.1 on it.