[SOLVED] Some blues turn into purple

alanvatrox

Honorable
Aug 27, 2017
Hello,
As the title says, certain blues (some mid-blues, not light nor dark) on my main monitor are turned into purple.
However, if the app with those blues is placed mostly on the second monitor, it shows on both screens the correct color. Same thing happens the other way around, if the app is mostly on the main monitor, it shows as purple on both screens. If I grab Steam from my main screen to the right and not let go, it shows as purple but if I let it go it becomes blue and vice-versa.

I've done calibration both on the screen, NVidia and Windows but none fix it, in fact, any adjustments make it worse considering that it is already calibrated.
This isn't a screen problem because I took screen snippets and it shows the purple vs blue color so it has to be something inside Windows causing this. I'll attach a link to two examples of this occurring, one on Steam and the other on my own server icon. View: https://imgur.com/a/USiIzqo

As a side note, the default Steam color and icon, Edge and "This PC" icons are just fine.

Any idea of what is happening? I also don't have night filter on and my monitor is way old to support blue light filter. Any help is greatly appreciated as I might've overlooked something.

Solution
Make and models of both your monitors? How are they paired to your GPU? Have you tried disabling any sort of filters in the OSD of the monitor, not the GPU drivers/control panel, the OSD for the panel? Source the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site, then use DDU to uninstall your GPU driers, reboot and then reinstall said GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Just a side note, what version of Windows 10 are you on(assuming you're on Windows 10)? Ideally you should be on version 21H1. Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
Make and models of both your monitors? How are they paired to your GPU? Have you tried disabling any sort of filters in the OSD of the monitor, not the GPU drivers/control panel, the OSD for the panel? Source the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site, then use DDU to uninstall your GPU driers, reboot and then reinstall said GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Just a side note, what version of Windows 10 are you on(assuming you're on Windows 10)? Ideally you should be on version 21H1. Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard?

Solution

alanvatrox

Honorable
Aug 27, 2017
Main is Acer X243HQ and the secondary is Mirai but NVidia says Chi Mei or something like that, it's a cheap monitor that I have for years.
Acer is HDMI to DVI adapter and Mirai is DVI.
I don't use filters on any monitor, I've had these settings for years and I've rechecked them and they're fine.
I haven't installed any type of NVidia drivers since late 2020 for a while (changed from Windows 7 recently again) and this problem happened anyway, I installed the newer ones through GeForce Experience and just installed the latest Windows version today.
Motherboard is MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus and the BIOS is A.60

alanvatrox

Honorable
Aug 27, 2017
use DDU to uninstall your GPU driers

This did it for me, I skipped this step because...I'm stubborn. I didn't need to restart and as soon as it deleted the drivers, the color problem was fixed and so far, I'm having no problems apart from everything looking darker than normal even with NVidia color adjustment + Windows calibration.
Thank you very much for your help!