Yousmell24

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2003
How does the Q17a hold up to the newest monitors that have just been released? is it still one of the better one's or should i wait for your next monitor review before i buy. Will there be another review soon? Because i want to buy one before i go to college and the last one was very helpfull.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yousmell24 on 08/13/03 02:05 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

tis66

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2003
I have a Q17 Analog-only LCD rite now, and I couldn't find any ghosting problem (it's good!), all action games & dvd played really well with this LCD. However, I must mention that the color reproduction is NOT very good! At my workplace I use Dell 17" LCD Analog+DVI (it's quite old model, I don't know the model type) but the color reproduction is very good. I noticed it from checking new email messages in Hotmail because they usually are labelled with red/orange-ish color. The Q17 I used failed to display this color vividly but the Dell one displays the color brilliantly.

I don't know if this washed-out color problems occur with Q17 dual Analog+DVI. BTW, the Analog-only Q17 produces only 262K colors as stated on the specification.

Hopefully this info give u some ideas on Q17/A quality :)

Yousmell24

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2003
yeah it did thanks, just out of curiosity did you use the color profiles made by toms hardware? and what temperature are you using.