some way to get extra mouse buttons?

gaarden2000

Honorable
Jul 25, 2014
Hello Periphal side of TomsHardware. I have a Razer Taipan and is currently tinkering with mouse bindings. In the Razer Synapse program i can set a button to be Mouse Button 4 and Mouse Button 5. I was wondering if there is a way to make a Mouse Button 5 and Mouse Button 6 for other keybindings or do i need to bind the things to a keyboard button not being used and bind it to that?

Thanks in advance
Gaarden

Solution
I think the only way would to make different custom profiles for the mouse and switch between them. This would require you to switch the profile manually. As you can see this isn't practical. So, your either better off getting a Razer Naga Epic/Hex. But assuming you paid a chunk of $ for that Taipan, I'm assuming you dont want to do this either. So it seems you'll have to find some profile switcher, or use Razer Synapse, or as you stated, make keyboard bindings.

SharpHD

Honorable
Jul 24, 2014
I think the only way would to make different custom profiles for the mouse and switch between them. This would require you to switch the profile manually. As you can see this isn't practical. So, your either better off getting a Razer Naga Epic/Hex. But assuming you paid a chunk of $ for that Taipan, I'm assuming you dont want to do this either. So it seems you'll have to find some profile switcher, or use Razer Synapse, or as you stated, make keyboard bindings.

Solution