Question Sometimes PC shuts off a few seconds after pushing the on button

Sep 25, 2022
Hey guys! This happened a second time already, when I press the ON button the pc starts turning on but after a few seconds it shuts down, I can't even see the boot image, but after that I try again and the pc starts just fine. I'm worried that something will break or something is already failing. Any ideas what could it be?
Happened twice this month I think and the last time I changed something in my hardware it was like 3 months ago
Thanks!

Sep 25, 2022
Full hardware specs please, including EXACT power supply model number or series?

Or, if it's a prebuilt system, the prebuilt system model and sub model number or express service tag/identifier.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 2x8 GB 3200MHz
GPU: MSI RX 5600-XT Gaming MX
Motherboard: MAG B550 Tomahawk
PSU: XPG Core Rector 750W
1 HDD
1 SSD
1 NVME SSD

If I'm missing something let me know, thanks!

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
1# Could be that your wiring got loose (unlikely but you never know...) check your wires.
2# You have some crap in your OS (faulty drivers, malware, bloated OS), when your BIOS goes after the initial boost sequence, it goes to boot widows, but if your win is damaged/corrupted, so it restarts and tries again.
3# You have BIOS ver. incompatability (verry unlikelly) but post your BIOs version.
4# Clear CMOS
5# Post if you did some overcloaking, or some changes in the BIOS settings.

Sep 25, 2022
1# Could be that your wiring got loose (unlikely but you never know...) check your wires.
2# You have some crap in your OS (faulty drivers, malware, bloated OS), when your BIOS goes after the initial boost sequence, it goes to boot widows, but if your win is damaged/corrupted, so it restarts and tries again.
3# You have BIOS ver. incompatability (verry unlikelly) but post your BIOs version.
4# Clear CMOS
5# Post if you did some overcloaking, or some changes in the BIOS settings.

1# Any specific wire that would cause this in particular? I'll try to check everything
2# I currently have 2 OS installed W11 on my NVME and W10 on my SSD, when it boots it goes to the OS selection screen
3# I currentl have the A8 ver
5# Never overclocked, I only changed the settings for the ram speed and stuff to be able to use W11 and play valorant (months ago)

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
1# Any specific wire that would cause this in particular? I'll try to check everything
2# I currently have 2 OS installed W11 on my NVME and W10 on my SSD, when it boots it goes to the OS selection screen
3# I currentl have the A8 ver
5# Never overclocked, I only changed the settings for the ram speed and stuff to be able to use W11 and play valorant (months ago)
Check your BIOS and see if your memory speed changed back to stock settings.

Sep 25, 2022
You mentioned that you have 2 OS. It could inflict boot issues. You could try remving one of the OS, and after that even reinstalling the (current using OS)

Used a windows installer usb to delete the W10 drive, now I can't get into W11, it's like it is not recognizing the drive as a boot option. Tried runing the troubleshooter from the installer, nothing happened

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
Used a windows installer usb to delete the W10 drive, now I can't get into W11, it's like it is not recognizing the drive as a boot option. Tried runing the troubleshooter from the installer, nothing happened
Well try just going into the initial boot setup (install windowns) format partitions that have OS, and make a clean install.

You could have done anumber on your system by having 2 seperate OS, and now your encauntering promblems

Sep 25, 2022
Well try just going into the initial boot setup (install windowns) format partitions that have OS, and make a clean install.

You could have done anumber on your system by having 2 seperate OS, and now your encauntering promblems

Shouldn't they be totally independent from each other? They are on different drives

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
Shouldn't they be totally independent from each other? They are on different drives
Doesnt matter, they still can inflict boot issues on some cases

On PC systems you never know, even obvious tasks, like having different OS on different drives seems to have no affect on boot/ or overall performance on PC.
But you never know, there are many variables that can affect your systems performance, and even tasks like multiple OS on multiple drives can cause serious problems on your system.

I suggest just wipe your all current multiple OS and install 1 main OS.

Last edited:
What is the purpose of having Windows 10 and 11 on the same machine? They are, for all intents and purposes, basically the same thing. I can see having a Windows installation and something else, like some flavor or Linux, or even an older Windows OS for software that won't run on newer versions, but I don't understand the point of having two versions of essentially the same thing on the same machine.

Also, are you running some kind of boot loader or you just have two OSes on two different drives trying to load them conventionally?

Sep 25, 2022
What is the purpose of having Windows 10 and 11 on the same machine? They are, for all intents and purposes, basically the same thing. I can see having a Windows installation and something else, like some flavor or Linux, or even an older Windows OS for software that won't run on newer versions, but I don't understand the point of having two versions of essentially the same thing on the same machine.

Also, are you running some kind of boot loader or you just have two OSes on two different drives trying to load them conventionally?

When I got my NVME I wanted to try W11 but still having W10 just in case thinking that I could just delete it when I needed space. And I don't think I have any boot loader

Latest posts