JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Interesting problem here....

I built a system about a month ago with an A7V, and 800 mhz t-bird.
I was using a voodoo3 2000 agp accelerator (too cheap to buy a new one :)) hooked up to a sony HMD-A200.
I worked well for awhile, but after a few days, the moniter blew. I took it back and the same thing happened with the next....and the next...hehe. So I went out and bought a viewsonic and it works just fine.
MY question is does anyone know whay this would happen?
I have a great surge protector, cost around 120 cad, and all the wiring in my house have been checked out for bad spots. The vid card is properly seated in the agp slot and I have all the latest drivers. And yes, I am also running the proper resolution and refresh rates.

Any ideas?
tnx

G

hey, i dont have an answer to your problem, but i have had a similiar situation myself. i was running a sony e400 on my v3 3000, but after about 3 weeks it just crapped out and im still waiting to hear back from sony if they'll replace it or fix it :(

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
how long did the moniter work for?
also, mine made a funny clicking noise, like it was being turned on and off, over and over...
sound familiar?

i just got my money back and bought a diff brand....

G

If your all using Voodoo cards then there's your
answer. Were any of your cards/systems Overclocked?

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
nope... no overclocking,

besides, i think that would only fry my card, not my moniter
those sony's can handle way more than what I could o'c my v3 card to...
but thanks anyway... :)

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yep, all the moniters had good ventilation.....
but going through 3-4 moniters from sony is weird (unless sony made a bad batch)
but it shows how good the stores' return policy is.. heh

G

Is the power cord correctly plugged into your monitor? The switching on and off problem seems to be the source. I also use an A7V+Thunderbird with a Sony E200, but my vid card is a GeForce2, and there hasn't been any problems

G

i have 2 sony (model E200) used with Asus Geforce DDR cards, and one 15 inch (E100) used with the Gefore MX card .. so far, i haven't noticed any problems.